• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The return of Doyle

Kenny

🤨
Staff member
Reaction score
So, since we are light on the striker front Is Kev back to help us until May or is this a bit of classic KJ, where he brings in a player from the darkness with the only intention of bringing him to other clubs attention (do we presume his move to the USA has fallen through?)

I think until we find someone suitable on loan, or if Keita is deemed ready, we will try to make use of him. Particularly for situations today where it was a chance to rest Dicko and Afobe once the game was won.

First comments from Jackett - "Kevin Doyle is complement to existing strikers. He may yet move to America but Kenny happy to use him when he can"

The way the South Bank cheered and sang his name when he came on made me feel a bit sick...

This is the bloke who has been paid an absolute fortune for contributing very little - (1st season back in the PL being the exception)... and the same fella who couldn't motivate himself to play for us in League 1.

He came on today and I watched him a lot... honestly he contributes as little as Leon does.

Personally the sooner we can get rid and bring in a footballer the better.

Stealing a living.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First comments from Jackett - "Kevin Doyle is complement to existing strikers. He may yet move to America but Kenny happy to use him when he can"

"Doyle good. Kenny happy. Score goals."

The way the South Bank cheered and sang his name when he came on made me feel a bit sick...

This is the bloke who has been paid an absolute fortune for contributing very little - (1st season back in the PL being the exception)... and the same fella who couldn't motivate himself to play for us in League 1.

He came on today and I watched him a lot... honestly he contributes as little as Leon does.

Stealing a living.

As somebody once said, 'This in spades'.

Stealing a living.

Poor. I think people appreciate he's done nothing wrong other than he's no longer got it.

His comments about not being motivated to play for us were a disgrace.

Poor. I think people appreciate he's done nothing wrong other than he's no longer got it.

How's he any different to the hate figures of Johnson and O'Hara? He's contributed just as little in the time they've shared at the club.

He was poor. Literally just stood in centre circle. He found space by default as play continued but we wouldn't pass him the ball. McDonald and Iorfa tried to take players on into blind alleys rather than pass him the ball. He was visibly frustrated that he was being ignored.

However when we got chances on the counter, rather than sprint to try and keep up with play and offer an option and potential to score (Kevin Doyle and score? Maybe not), he just ambled in the centre circle.

No harm in him filling a spot on the bench and coming on in a dead game. But I don't want to see him in if we're chasing a game or if we're holding on to a lead. He offers nothing.

When we win 5-0 I couldn't give a flying fuck about what he has or hasn't done. If KJ puts him on the bench so be it. Having said that if he doesn't wear a shirt again I also don't give a shit

Sorry Penk can't agree at all, here was a player who had the chance to rip League 1 apart but 'couldn't get motivated', I would have sooner seen a young kid brought on.

Sorry Penk can't agree at all, here was a player who had the chance to rip League 1 apart but 'couldn't get motivated', I would have sooner seen a young kid brought on.

He's not good enough to rip league one apart.

While obviously not good to come out say you're not motivated, thought he did a good job for us the first few seasons, just gone off the boil and we've moved on, no animosity towards him though

Fuck me! The South Bank cheered him as he has performed previously. Though he should do far better than he has but he struggled to be motivated in an awful team that I struggled to be motivated about watching!

Too many people complain we don't back players and then whine when we do?!?!

I'm fact, fuck it. Next time he comes on I'll boo him.

His time has come & gone. Surprised that he was on the bench today, but it may well be that KJ was looking for an option to enable him to sub both Dicko & Afobe if we were well ahead given the number of games we have over the next couple of weeks.

Exactly what did happen so he was rewarded. Suspect he won't see much more action & as soon as Kenny thinks one of the youngsters can step up to cover that option then he will take make that choice rather than Doyle.

As to the cheers when he came on would rather that for any Wolves player (whatever his past history) than boo's

Back