• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves in The Gambia

Dire Wolf

Reaction score
Not sure in which sub-forum this belongs so if Mods feel it could go in the main Wolves discussion forum, feel free to move it.

Anyway, my big brother launched a charity a few years ago and having had a Covid enforced hiatus it is back operating again. He is a huge Wolves fan, and he took his love for Wolves to The Gambia as part of his charity work. I'll let him do the rest of the explaining, these are his words:

"Gunjur Wolves Juniors in The Gambia.

As we have had our attention on the World Cup and our minds are on the global game I am posting an update on the Junior boys team that carries the Wolves name in The Gambia.

Back in 2018 I went out to West Africa to help establish a charity foundation called Time for Change Foundation The Gambia. We spent time helping do practical projects like putting running water standpipes for the first time via converting 2 wells to boreholes plus lots more.

One thing we did was to support a junior football team in the Madina Kunkunding area. This team decided to name themselves Gunjur Wolves. I have just returned from The Gambia after a long gap (post covid), and was delighted to find the team going strong. We now have 2 teams, the juniors and a boys team, we would love to establish a girls team too.

Having seen the conditions the teams have to train in and the limited resources, I hope you don't mind me reaching out to the Wolves worldwide community to help out our charity provide some more support for the team and the community of Madina Kunkunding, where few houses have decent sanitation, most have no electricity and more running water stand pipes are needed.

If possible it would be great to get some support from the club too, to help us provide things like balls, cones, nets, boots, shin guards, a first aid kit, and ideally a kit with the Wolves badge on it!

I have posted a link to our fundraising efforts, some of which will also help our aid work and education work, with the rest supporting Gunjur Wolves to continue to develop and grow.

Many thanks for reading and any help you may give.

Hexham and Gunjur".

Back