• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road To The Desert: World Cup 2022 Qualification

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Stones has a Norman Hunter moment in a World Cup qualifier against Poland. FFS!

Car crash stuff you just can’t risk a player like that at the very top level.

Defending there was woeful to Phillips and Maguire just ball watching.

It's awful by Stones but Pope as well. He can't even play a five yard pass, awful distribution.
Never miss the chance for your confirmation bias!

that was 100% Stones fault. Pope is also 100% right footed. We seem determined to play it to his left.

I'm not sure you can blame tactics for your keeper having one good leg.

I'm not biased at all, he's a very average keeper with Paul Jones level distribution, most people would agree with that.

Call me crazy, but I'd want my keeper to be at least mildly comfortable receiving the ball from either side.

Call me crazy, but I'd want my keeper to be at least mildly comfortable receiving the ball from either side.
Indeed. Rui has an absolute spanner of a right peg but you can still play it to him there.

Pope isn't rubbish but he isn't international class, not even close. There are way better keepers down the years who never came close to a cap.

The issue you have is Henderson has a catalogue of making mistakes with his feet and Pickford doesn't have arms

You seen Rui on his right foot? 😂😂
I don't have a heart attack if he controls a back pass with his right foot, if that's what you mean. Wouldn't necessarily want him distributing with it but then there's a reason he's here and not at, say, Chelsea.

He's right below that tier of the very, very best, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back