• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road To The Desert: World Cup 2022 Qualification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Germany are actually conspiring to lose to North Macedonia (when did they add the "North" bit?). Just a few minutes left for them now.

Greece get very touchy about "Macedonia" (don't ask) so they had to add it.

Germany are cack at the moment, Löw should have gone five years ago.

I thought he had gone. No wonder they're losing; if ESPN's sheet is to be believed, he's stuck about five players out of position.

He is going. Inexplicably they gave him a new deal before the last World Cup, who does that?

But he gets his demob happy final tournament and they'll do bugger all.

Germany are actually conspiring to lose to North Macedonia (when did they add the "North" bit?). Just a few minutes left for them now.

The area of Macedonia covers part of north Greece to so locals on the Greek side of the border weren’t best pleased.

That is shocking. Extremely pleased for the Macedonians who may not get another scalp like that for a long while.

Christ on a bike they are over analysing Stones mistake! Yeah, he fucked up but it happens , move on. He has been imperious this season for the most part.
What did we learn.
Pope needs a better left foot
Declan Rice can play well in an England shirt
Mason Mount is a starter.
Phillips is a waste of a shirt
England still rely far too much on set pieces for goals.

Henderson returning will see the end of Phillips as a starter. Very wasteful at times and wanted to much time on the ball.
As for Pope bomb scare stuff at times, time the other Henderson to be given a go.

Anybody else notice Matterface when Poland were in possession during the second half naming the England players closest to the ball because presumably, he didn't know the names of the Polish squad or couldnt pronounce them? Awful.

SM England lost their concentration.
LD Stones did.
SM It's a team game.

The Stones mistake is obviously note worthy, however the issue for me is that if we are looking to be a possession and control team (we should) then that goal is poor from more than just Stones.

Poor indecisive pass, leads to poor indecisive and sloppy play from Stones, partly caused by the fact he was being pressed by 2 opposition players and yet not team mate spotted that and tried to give him a lane or angle.

Either we are looking to play out from the back and we accept this can happen, or we aren't. I hate the "he should have just launched it" rhetoric that creeps in after.

I only had half an eye on the game but it was a decent performance in more ways than their were negatives, from my point of view.

The Stones mistake is obviously note worthy, however the issue for me is that if we are looking to be a possession and control team (we should) then that goal is poor from more than just Stones.

Poor indecisive pass, leads to poor indecisive and sloppy play from Stones, partly caused by the fact he was being pressed by 2 opposition players and yet not team mate spotted that and tried to give him a lane or angle.

Either we are looking to play out from the back and we accept this can happen, or we aren't. I hate the "he should have just launched it" rhetoric that creeps in after.

I only had half an eye on the game but it was a decent performance in more ways than their were negatives, from my point of view.
The keeper was on and then a ball out from Pope to a free Walker would have been a simple one to keep possession. I think that the lack of confidence in Pope's ball playing skills played a part in it.

I just don’t see the point in playing Phillips and Rice. I’d much rather we put Coady in for a back 3 - goals like yesterday would not happen.

I think Stones is already comfortable when he gets the (poor) ball. His next touch is bad and it unravels from there.

Sadly I don't think Coady will make the cut for the Euros. I think Mings will get the backup role with Gomez if he is fit in time and Klopp doesn't prevent it.

Coady is part of the leadership group. Even if he doesn't start, I think Southgate will want him in the squad for the influence he has.

Gomez won't make the squad now, too injury prone too. Coady will be the fourth choice I reckon.

I think it comes down to whether Southgate thinks there's a chance of going to a 5. If there is I think he goes. There are numerous players he should take ahead of him in a 4 and I don't think you should give a squad place based on dressing room influence if he isn't going to stand a chance/wouldn't want him playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back