• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road To The Desert: World Cup 2022 Qualification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saudi Arabia currently filling brown envelopes with cash and putting together a bid for the 2030 World Cup. Would be held in the winter

Ecuador are meant to be playing Qatar in the opener. But it might yet be Chile.

Chile are adamant that one of Ecuador's players who played against them twice in the CONMEBOL group is Colombian and not qualified at all for Ecuador. Because of how the results fell (Ecuador took 4 points out of the games vs Chile), only they can benefit from those results being given as automatic walkovers if he wasn't eligible, and they would have gone through directly.

The complaint has been dismissed by FIFA once but it's going to appeal next week, and Ecuador's evidence to prove that everything is above board seems to be more than a bit lacking.
The player now admits to being Colombian, and the Ecuador FA may have known this for some time.

Saudi Arabia currently filling brown envelopes with cash and putting together a bid for the 2030 World Cup. Would be held in the winter

It gets better than that, it's going to be a joint bid with Egypt and Greece. So in 2026 its being held across 3 countries, and in 2030 they want it held across 3 continents!!

Fcsr3IRWYAABuRQ

The player now admits to being Colombian, and the Ecuador FA may have known this for some time.
Listening to Tim Vickery he seems to think that Ecudor will be OK weather he was born in Colombia or what year is irrelevant as he has been in Ecudor since he was a child and had become an Ecudorian citizen ( which makes him Ecudorian in FIFA's eyes) before he was picked for international duty.
Seems Chile tried the same shit before last World Cup with Bolivia (I think) which worked except Peru benefitted instead of them.

He did have fake documents though to start with which is a bit of a no-no.

Ecuador also knew about the issue as long ago as 2017. They're stupid for not sorting it out and all for such a nothing player.

Yes forgot to say likelyhood that the player will get sanctioned will almost certainly miss the world cup if Ecudor do go

Ecuador going to the World Cup

Not over yet though as Chile are now going to the Court of Arbitration for Sport

Only vaguely World Cup related, but thought you guys might find this conversation with Clint Dempsey, Rob Green, and Jamie Carragher interesting.

Seriously though this referee gives two absolute blatant corners as goalkicks

Currently getting relegated to the second tier of the Nations League.

I think Southgate has done a very good job as England manager, even if there are valid criticisms of him tactically and being a bit negative, but does feel a bit stale now.

I know he’s contracted til 2024 but I think he’s wise enough after the World Cup to evaluate whether he’s right man to be in charge anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back