• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road To The Desert: World Cup 2022 Qualification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goalkeepers: Jordan Pickford (Everton) Nick Pope (Newcastle), Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal).

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Conor Coady (on loan at Everton from Wolves), Eric Dier (Tottenham), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), Kieran Trippier (Newcastle), Kyle Walker (Manchester City) Ben White (Arsenal).

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Mason Mount (Chelsea), Kalvin Phillips (Manchester City), Declan Rice (West Ham), James Maddison (Leicester City), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool).

Forwards: Marcus Rashford (Man United), Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jack Grealish (Manchester City), Harry Kane (Tottenham), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Chelsea), Callum Wilson (Newcastle)

Plus 1 which will be one of Mings, Gallagher or RLC

Maguire is a joke. He can barely even get in the Man Utd side and has been shit when he does play.

Rashford and Sterling have hardly been playing well either.

Reactions: b3h
Three right backs and a centre half who's been used exclusively as a right back this season seems a little excessive.

Three right backs and a centre half who's been used exclusively as a right back this season seems a little excessive.
2 of which will cover centre half and one will cover left back which makes it less excessive.

FhNQaDiWIAEMaru

If everyone's fit I'd go:

Pickford

Walker
Dier
Stones

Trippier
Rice
Bellingham
Shaw

Saka
Kane
Foden

Glad that all of Ward-Prowse, Mings and Abraham aren't going.

Pickford

Walker
Dier
Stones

Trippier
Rice
Bellingham
Shaw

Saka
Kane
Foden

Just at CH we look weak the rest is very strong.

Good squad I think - I don't think there are any really contentious decisions in there TBH.

Pickford

Walker
Dier
Stones

Trippier
Rice
Bellingham
Shaw

Saka
Kane
Foden

If that side was German, French, Brazilian etc we'd be drooling over it. Especially with people on the bench able to make an impact later in a game.

If that side was German, French, Brazilian etc we'd be drooling over it. Especially with people on the bench able to make an impact later in a game.

In an attacking sense definitely heard people hyping up the Brazil squad, it’s good but I don’t think it’s anything wow.

Tammy - Out because he is in a poor run of form

Fair enough Gareth but....Maguire, been in cracking form for 18 months I presume and Phillips with his 1 min of Prem League football this season was truly outstanding.

Please note - I don't think Tammy should be going but you can't say 1 is out due to form and pick others who have none or have been shit for a while

But all 3 of their first 11s look much better to me, at least on paper.

Opinions I guess. I'd swap out Dier and Shaw but not much else. And to be fair to Dier he seems to have rediscovered his form of three years ago and looks good in a Back Five/Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back