• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Royals

Ah Jesus! My wife has just told me that the BBC has cancelled all scheduled programmes....

I know you have a 9 room house, but surely she can't be in a timezone that's four hours ago?
Fuck's sake Dan! It's just an ordinary bungalow!
Don't know when she heard it, don't know what she's listening to.
Just a bit pissed off with the whole country possibly coming to a stand. Like football on Saturday...
Sheesh!

Fuck's sake Dan! It's just an ordinary bungalow!
Don't know when she heard it, don't know what she's listening to.
Just a bit pissed off with the whole country possibly coming to a stand. Like football on Saturday...
Sheesh!
Don't you live in a different country? What will come to a stand still in the Rep Ireland?

NINTCHDBPICT000658643145-1.jpg

And I'm just hearing...that Robin van Persie has SIGNED for Manchester United!

Mate, just check before posting sometimes, eh. We're not all down the pub together in 1979.

Ah fuck, the games on Saturday are gonna be off aren't they? Just when Liverpool are vulnerable and we had them there for the taking... you watch, they'll be in a run of 14 successive 9-0 victories when it's rescheduled. The bastards. Come on Queenie, hold out until Sunday.

Like many I'm ambivalent about the Royal family, not at all interested. The Queen herself, I do respect and think she did a good job, ambassador, head of state, tourist attraction etc. She always seemed to take the job seriously and genuinely cared.
As for the mawkish sentimental stuff, I won't be taking any part in that but if that's other peoples thing then I have no issues.
Luckily for me, if there's no TV, sport or other events I have plenty of things to occupy me outside of those.

Seeing that image from Dan...have Sky News got a Queen Deadline Day on with a count down clock? Would be their usual standard of class that...

Don't you live in a different country? What will come to a stand still in the Rep Ireland?
Oh very little Kenny, but we watch UK television because a lot of Irish tv is shit. But with the BBC cancelling all scheduled programmes, I'm anxious Sky don't do the same as that'll fuck up my American Football later tonight and possibly the Wolves game on Saturday.
But the accurate answer to your question, is 'very little'.

Oh very little Kenny, but we watch UK television because a lot of Irish tv is shit. But with the BBC cancelling all scheduled programmes, I'm anxious Sky don't do the same as that'll fuck up my American Football later tonight and possibly the Wolves game on Saturday.
But the accurate answer to your question, is 'very little'.
Sky will do their stuff via Sky News maybe one of their other channels, whatever Sky One is called these days
BBC have to merge all their channels,. so forget them.
Presume big events in this Country will be cancelled for 2-3 days, so Sports, concerts etc

Other stuff will be shown.

Sky Sports will still show NFL if that's your concern.

We shouldn't be cancelling football games but if it happens, it happens.

I remember when Diana died. We were wild camping in Scotland after climbing Schiehallion. Got to car and couldn’t work out what was happening for some time. Eventually dreadful music was interrupted with the news. All radio stations stayed like it all day.
Except the good ship Radio Caroline.

Sky Sports will still show NFL if that's your concern.

We shouldn't be cancelling football games but if it happens, it happens.
If it does happen it's probably to ours and Bruno's benefit. It'll get moved to later in the season so no extra loss in the form book. Raul will have an extra week to get fit again, and Costa and B.Traore will have that extra time training with the team.

If it does happen it's probably to ours and Bruno's benefit. It'll get moved to later in the season so no extra loss in the form book. Raul will have an extra week to get fit again, and Costa and B.Traore will have that extra time training with the team.
And we'll have a new manager

Back