• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Royals

Scrolling banner across the bottom on BBC News channel says 'she's said to be comfortable and resting'. Paddy has given her the kiss of life by pretty much already calling her time of death...

Edit: sorry Paddy!

I’m far from a Royalist but can see she’s done an incredible job. Be sad to see her go but the suspension of normality that will go on for days will be excessive. Life goes on, the world will still be turning so let those who want to mourn do so but she’s 96, it’s sad but not worthy of the reaction we know is coming.

It is sad for her family that the Queen, a very old lady who is a grandmother and great grandmother, is dying it seems. I don't know her, so I dont hold any personal grief for her dying. However, I don't like the monarchy and all that they represent, they are anachronistic and are representative of a lot of inequalities in the world so there won't be any wailing and rending of clothes from me. Let the family grieve when the time comes, but I don't see why the whole nation should be subjected to being part of the mourning process, we didn't all choose to have a monarchy.

It is sad for her family that the Queen, a very old lady who is a grandmother and great grandmother, is dying it seems. I don't know her, so I dont hold any personal grief for her dying. However, I don't like the monarchy and all that they represent, they are anachronistic and are representative of a lot of inequalities in the world so there won't be any wailing and rending of clothes from me. Let the family grieve when the time comes, but I don't see why the whole nation should be subjected to being part of the mourning process, we didn't all choose to have a monarchy.
Well said, and exactly my view.

Selfishly all i can think about is how disrupted my weekend plans are going to be, as i was supposed to be going to Anfield, can't see that being on now, and it'll end up being a midweek game. Pain in the arse.

I’m far from a Royalist but can see she’s done an incredible job. Be sad to see her go but the suspension of normality that will go on for days will be excessive. Life goes on, the world will still be turning so let those who want to mourn do so but she’s 96, it’s sad but not worthy of the reaction we know is coming.
This is where I am.

Echo what Dire and Wilf have said, I'll neither celebrate nor mourn.

Irrespective of my feelings we do have a monarchy which the majority still support, so there will rightly be a sombre mood. I hope it is a period of celebration and remembrance though after the first 24 hours.

She's 96 and has had a great life, there's no need to spend a fortnight wallowing in faux grief, leave the genuine upset to the family

For those of you that are interested, Meghan of Sussex has decided not to join her husband at Balmoral.
"She might join her husband at a later date"
Make of that what you will...

Also, there are no medical interventions being put in place.
She's comfortable and it looks like there's a DNR board at the side of her bed. (Do not resusitate)

I reckon she died earlier today and this bit's just the establishment getting its shit in order.

What do we reckon they'll do, 3 days of mourning and shut the country down?
Be surprised if we shut the country down. We will probably see sporting events and other large gatherings cancelled but not much beyond that

The funeral is down to be a National Day of Mourning but no place will be forced to close

Well according to what I've read, only the day of the actual funeral is an official day of mourning, and it won't be a bank holiday.
Much like Wilf Wolf, respect and all, but I'll be pissed off if everything shuts down.

Back