• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Royals

I’m all for it, anything which makes people realise how utterly bonkers the royal family are the better

To be fair, it comes with the territory, she married into it.
I don't think it does tbh. She has a public role, but also is entitled to some semblance of privacy. Desiring to remain out of the public eye during a period of recovery is not unreasonable. Wanting to keep details of diagnosis and treatment confidential is not unreasonable.
For years she has fulfilled the public aspects of the role she married into as you say.

There are numerous other "professions" or vocations people participate in, generally through choice. This doesn't mean such people no longer have any right to privacy whatsoever.

As a fellow amateur photographer, I have every sympathy for her. Unpleasant know-alls blowing your pictures up to super resolution, so they can tell you how crap they are, or insinuate they are AI manipulated, is par for the course.

They get paid enough to employ someone to do it for them, they could even upskill the toothpaste guy.

As a wedding photographer to me it looks like whoever editing the photo slipped with the healing brush tool in Lightroom, or clone stamp in PS. Probably just an innocent mistake and under normal circumstances it wouldn't matter and arguably shouldn't matter. As it's actually a news piece the photo is subject to the rules around photo journalism rather than if it were a normal portrait where you can edit and manipulate to your hearts content.

You know its a really slow day when this is first up on Radio 4 news, royalists will say "so what?", anti royalists will say "so what?"

I don't think it does tbh. She has a public role, but also is entitled to some semblance of privacy. Desiring to remain out of the public eye during a period of recovery is not unreasonable. Wanting to keep details of diagnosis and treatment confidential is not unreasonable.
For years she has fulfilled the public aspects of the role she married into as you say.

There are numerous other "professions" or vocations people participate in, generally through choice. This doesn't mean such people no longer have any right to privacy whatsoever.
Yes, actually you're right.

Prince William leaves Windsor for Westminster Abbey this afternoon with his wife the Princess of Wales next to him

Hmmmm...

1710173493239.png

As a wedding photographer to me it looks like whoever editing the photo slipped with the healing brush tool in Lightroom, or clone stamp in PS. Probably just an innocent mistake and under normal circumstances it wouldn't matter and arguably shouldn't matter. As it's actually a news piece the photo is subject to the rules around photo journalism rather than if it were a normal portrait where you can edit and manipulate to your hearts content.
There's no doubt the editing isn't great and the news agencies will have just run it through their programmes that look for discrepancies in the file that indicate manipulation. Nobody makes a fuss when the local rag nicks my stuff off Facebook and edits out the watermark though.

Obviously (to me anyway ) the op was pretty serious and for sure very personal, so if she doesn't want it all over the daily rags, that's fine by me.
As for the editing, it was a kids skirt and jumper cuff????????
Fuck me, call Mi5, and hang her for treason.

Wondered when the other royal well known for touching up would make an appearance in that photo.
Been a couple of articles about the woman William is supposedly having an affair with, makes you wonder if they’re easing her passage ( fnarr fnarr) into a getting the public onside type thing.
Rose Hanbury marchioness of cholmondely if anyones bothered

Not often I find anything the Star does even vaguely amusing but their photoshop with one of the kids replaced by John Terry in full chelsea kit is really good

So her doing a bit of dodgy Photoshopping is wrong, but the Daily Heil changing and publishing an image for which she holds the intellectual property rights is fair game? Some double standards there, I would argue.

Once it is released to PA the intellectual property rights become blurry

Back