• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Second Club Thread

Been away for the weekend and just got back home... Avoided the game and, I guess not unexpected.

Had a great season so hopefully we can bounce back next season

I am tempted to get over to Naples sometime soon as I can remember the atmosphere in the late 80s when they last won Lo Scudetto with Maradona and co. Amazing where they have come from after being relegated down the leagues a few years back and reforming.

We watched the game last night, Juve had 2 second half goals disallowed before Napoli scored a 93rd minute winner through Raspadori. Spalletti is doing an amazing job, have long fancied him for the Italy job but prefer him to continue with Napoli.

It was a good weekend for Campania, our other side Salernitana beat Sassuolo 3-0 to pull 7 points clear of the drop zone in 14th (sounds familiar), last season was the first time they had survived a season in Serie A so on course for 3 seasons now under Portuguese manager Paulo Sousa who replaced Davide Nicola a couple of months ago after he (Nicola) had initially been fired in January before persuading the owners to give him his job back!
Pathetic title defence from Napoli this season finishing 10th. Needed to beat Lecce at home today to grab a place in Europe but could only manage a goalless draw.

Salernitana have been woeful and finished bottom with just 17 points, 13 points behind 19th and 19 points from safety.

Napoli have had 3 managers this season since Spalletti left last summer and Salernitana have had 4!

Another fairly boring 0-0 draw for Charlotte over the weekend, this time against Philadelphia. Abada returned from injury and showed some bits of class (the way he can dribble at full speed is such a rarity in this league) but we still punt too many passes into the channels for my liking, and we totally lack goal dangerous central midfielder.

Five consecutive clean sheets, though, which is a new record in the club’s short history.

Didn’t realize Ashley Westwood was a Crewe lad. He still lights up talking about it. Pretty adorable tbh.

(I’ll post the interview I’m referencing if it keeps being interesting)

Yeah Crewe youth team was an experience for a lot of people.

Yeah Crewe youth team was an experience for a lot of people.
I am choosing to believe that he was there after all that, and I don’t want to fact check the timeline.

Update: Westwood is still friends with Ashley Barnes which is gross

Another fairly boring 0-0 draw for Charlotte over the weekend, this time against Philadelphia. Abada returned from injury and showed some bits of class (the way he can dribble at full speed is such a rarity in this league) but we still punt too many passes into the channels for my liking, and we totally lack goal dangerous central midfielder.

Five consecutive clean sheets, though, which is a new record in the club’s short history.
Let’s hope you never require a victory to win something/get in the play offs (I’ll presume relegation isn’t possible). Villa Dean will play for a goalless draw and hope results elsewhere will be enough.

Let’s hope you never require a victory to win something/get in the play offs (I’ll presume relegation isn’t possible). Villa Dean will play for a goalless draw and hope results elsewhere will be enough.
For now he’s got the benefit of the doubt as we don’t have a lot of depth in forward positions (at the moment we only have one senior CF, and he’s still a green bean). I’m hopeful we’ll start playing some more actual football once that changes.

We were so wretched defensively last season that Dean has to be credited for the huge turnaround on that side to some extent.

@Deutsch Wolf

You never told me that St Pauli’s manager was born in Texas! Although I’ve no idea if he’d claim it as “home”.

Charlotte whiffed a bunch of chances and lost 3-1 away to New York (New Jersey) Red Bulls on Wednesday. Emil Forsberg is pretty decent at football, it turns out.

On the positive side, Ben Bender got his first minutes in nearly a year and added a very late consolation goal.

Never knew that Gordon Brown was so well informed on his club or was overly interested .
Impressed with his contribution there in that clip and his overall take on how a club of that size should work with their local area and community .

Back