• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Sir Jack South Bank

Usually i like to just go on the forums to see what the fans are saying, but with this subject being so close to home i wanted to say something aswel..

First, i would like to express my disappointment on the announcement. Unfortunately the family did not have a say in the decision, my dad (John Harris)

received a call off Jez, but it was just to let us know this was happening. If anything it isn't enough, sir Jack should have a statue overlooking the ground, but keep the stand name the same.

Like so many Wolves fans have pointed out, this is exactly what Sir Jack didn't want, especially as he named the stand after a good friend.

Second, I would like to say thanks, i'm actually a bit surprised at the comments, i thought most people would be in favor of this..i know the poll is, but its nice to hear what the fans have put.
Your knowledge of what my granddad did always amazes me

Regards Oliver

Jack Harris is held in high esteem from those of an age that can remember. Im furious with the outcome, and even more now that you've posted this news. I cant believe Jez and Steve have gone behind not only Sir Jacks wishes but to not consult the Harris family is disgusting. I would love to have some kind of statement from Wolves on this issue, plus I think this issue should go a little further then just Wolves message boards..

Im not one for singling out Morgan and Moxey and going with the sheep that attack them, but this revelation has knocked back all the good work they have fought to get back in the last 18 months.

That's pretty poor. Thanks for posting, Oli.

If the club has failed to consult with the Harris family as per the post above then it is a PR own goal. I stand by my point regarding the fans who will always refer to the ends as the North and South bank and not to the names given to them in recent years. I am very grateful to the part played by Jack Harris in helping Wolves to turn their fortunes around

First post here and think if the family of Jack Harris haven't been consulted in this then it is a massive oversight on the part of M&M. Especially when they had the family at the club recently for the unveiling of that bust in the museum it was the perfect opportunity for them to discuss this. Just when they started getting things right they go and undermine it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431082584.104842.jpg

Brilliant from Tim again. Fucking moron.

.... but this revelation has knocked back all the good work they have fought to get back in the last 18 months.

Not quite Quirky, it doesn't undermine EVERYTHING they've done in the last year and a half, but it's sure a disappointing fuck up.
Shows a lack of respect for the Harris family and a chronic lack of imagination.

Very disappointed with our leaders.

Phoning the family up to TELL them it's happening is a shit thing to do.

I remember when my Dad died, he was cremated in Dublin and his ashes sent over to Hale Barns (Roy Keane country) for scattering.
They were delayed somewhere and the fucking STAR newpaper somehow got wind of it and ran a front page story on it.
The SUN rang me up at 2am to tell me that as the Star were running it, they were going to run a similar story too. I told them I didn't want them to, but they said, 'Well, we're sorry, but it's a good story, so we're running it.... we're just letting you know!'

So telling the family what's happening/just letting them know, is just just heading off the headline as it were.
They should have consulted with the family and if there was a general feeling, on top of Sir Jack not wanting it to happen, then they should have respected that and done something else.

Very poor.

Not quite Quirky, it doesn't undermine EVERYTHING they've done in the last year and a half, but it's sure a disappointing fuck up.
Shows a lack of respect for the Harris family and a chronic lack of imagination.

Very disappointed with our leaders.

Phoning the family up to TELL them it's happening is a shit thing to do.

I remember when my Dad died, he was cremated in Dublin and his ashes sent over to Hale Barns (Roy Keane country) for scattering.
They were delayed somewhere and the fucking STAR newpaper somehow got wind of it and ran a front page story on it.
The SUN rang me up at 2am to tell me that as the Star were running it, they were going to run a similar story too. I told them I didn't want them to, but they said, 'Well, we're sorry, but it's a good story, so we're running it.... we're just letting you know!'

So telling the family what's happening/just letting them know, is just just heading off the headline as it were.
They should have consulted with the family and if there was a general feeling, on top of Sir Jack not wanting it to happen, then they should have respected that and done something else.

Very poor.

Who the bloody hell was your Dad?

Just an ordinary bloke Craig, probably more ordinary than yours.
But why it seemed to be a 'good story' was I think I'm right in recalling that the editor of the Star lived next to the kid's school that The Drummer used to go to and we'd mentioned it to a neighbour who's kid played with his....
There was a big service with about 50 or 60 people coming from places far and wide inc South America to say 'goodbye' as it were, as his ashes got scattered on the lawn of this place, so all these people were standing there.... but my Dad (well, his ashes...) never arrived!
Got 'Lost In The Post' was the fucking headline. Bastards.
Absolute Bastards! Wouldn't even make a contribution....

So...Who is starting the petition? Has anyone contacted the club from the Forum to air their feelings?
Who would be the person at the club to contact?

Back