• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Sir Jack South Bank

Just when Morgan was getting people back on board he does this to a legend..

Poll showing 70/30 in favour of the renaming at the moment

Which probably reflects what was happening on Twitter etc last night.

I feel this is Morgan responding to a lot of requests for this to happen rather than a call he made on his own.

looks the other way round to me.
70 against 30 for.

I would have liked it to have remained Jack Harris in memory of someone who was there when things were pretty grim, having said that, everyone i know who goes to Molineux on a regular basis refers to it as the South Bank and that will never change.

Whoops complete brain freeze..
thinks its cos the options has "no" on top and the results has "yes" on top.
or im just thick.

Perhaps a lot of fans havent a clue who or what Jack Harris was/did for us.

Anyone under the age of 30 won't remember Jack Harris first hand.

Pity really because they all know that it was Sir Jack Hayward who 'saved Wolverhampton Wanderers'.

Slightly saddened that someone who was considered important enough in the club's history to have a stand named after him is. to an extent, having his contribution expunged (which I am sure Sir Jack would not have wanted).

There are other elements of the club bearing Sir Jack's name & indications that there will be a memorial statue somewhere. If it is in town rather than right outside the club then thats right & proper as his life & love was for the place & not just the club.

It will always be the South Bank to me and despite me welcoming the efforts and contributions of the two JH's it is not really an issue that has me foaming at the mouth. It can be called the Starbucks South Bank when we get promoted next season and it still wouldn't bother me.

It will always be the South Bank to me and despite me welcoming the efforts and contributions of the two JH's it is not really an issue that has me foaming at the mouth. It can be called the Starbucks South Bank when we get promoted next season and it still wouldn't bother me.

Yes but purchase an Espresso con Panna in the Starbucks South bank and you would be foaming at the mouth:)

Ah no Sniffer, surely not!

I know it brings in lots of quids on a 1 off basis mind you, but I'd hate a stand to be named after a company or a product.
I mean who actually gives a toss about the Johnstone's Paint Trophy, or the Auto Windshield Trophy or whatever the fuck it's called?
Can you imagine if having bought the rights Johnstone's actually upgraded it to 'Johnstone's Weathershield All Weather 5 Year Guarantee Trophy'? or some such shite?

That could be the product of an idle mind in the closed season... 'What's the worst title Wolves could sell out a stand as?'

Sussex's ground used to be simply 'Hove' but now it's ' BrightonandHoveJobs.com County Ground, Hove'. It probably brought in revenue but dear me...
Anyway, I'm not sure that Brighton And Hove Jobs.com is actually a county....

.....and we'll really shake em up, when we win the Sherpa Cup.........

WH, I agree with the sentiment regarding a ground but a stand is not used by the media and all Wolves fans refer to it as the South Bank anyway. All it will be is a name on a ticket/card and some plastic lettering so if its Jack Harris, Hayward or Starbucks it really is of no great worry to me. Any fan would be able to study the clubs history and be able to see the great work done by a large number of people over a large period of time, so little Johnny who may be asking his dad now who Jack Harris was* will in time find out anyway.

* That is of course if his dad will risk him not being able to see any of the action from the South Bank.

Further to this slight digression, I see Doyle has been released a month early to join his new club and he'll be playing in.....

Dick’s Sporting Goods Park, Colorado Rapid's home ground....

Actually whilst it's a crap name the stadium's impressive..

Further to this slight digression, I see Doyle has been released a month early to join his new club and he'll be playing in.....

Dick’s Sporting Goods Park, Colorado Rapid's home ground....

Jesus!

WH,is it just the name you say 'Jesus' to, or the actual ground itself, or the fact its Colorado Rapids???

I would assume they had consultation with Sir Jack and Jack Harris' family before doing it.

Back