• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Squad 18/19

Iorfa is a strange one. He was highly rated. Broke into the team and looked good. For some strange reason he has regressed to the point he can't get a loan move.
There has to be a reason.
If someone could find a way to unlock his potential he would be a stunning player, however I think that ship has sailed, and expect him to eventually drift down the league's to league 2 or 3 which is awful when you think he has the ability / potential to play in the prem.

I really like/d him such a shame to see all that talent wasted.

Was never that good. Just got a free pass because 1) we were terrible and looking for anything to be hopeful for 2) he was homegrown 3) he was rapid which was exciting (regardless of what happens at the end of the the run).

Always looked a bomb scare at CB, weak in the air given his height. Was just quick so no winger ever beat him. Terrible with the ball at his feet but this was never an issue in a hoofball team.

EEL is probably a better defender but you’d think he could do a job at a Lower championship team as a RB. But maybe his lack of footballing ability puts teams off with more teams looking at footballers these days.

EEL is definitely not a better defender, he is terrible.

EEL is definitely not a better defender, he is terrible.

Correct, I wouldn't have EEL in a L2 team.

Iorfa is a purely defensive RB by modern standards and there's nothing wrong with that. Wouldn't work for us, but you can't just write it off as "it's just pace", if wingers can't beat him then they can't beat him.

Also we weren't terrible in 2014/15 when he had his breakthrough season, we were pretty good.

He’s a better CB. No question in my mind.

Was never that good. Just got a free pass because 1) we were terrible and looking for anything to be hopeful for 2) he was homegrown 3) he was rapid which was exciting (regardless of what happens at the end of the the run).

Always looked a bomb scare at CB, weak in the air given his height. Was just quick so no winger ever beat him. Terrible with the ball at his feet but this was never an issue in a hoofball team.

EEL is probably a better defender but you’d think he could do a job at a Lower championship team as a RB. But maybe his lack of footballing ability puts teams off with more teams looking at footballers these days.

Being a poor CB does not make you less of a defender ...
Just because he is tall men as people think he should fit in as a CB.

Putting him at CB destroyed his confidence. He has all the makings of a very good FB, as Dan said too defensive for our current requirements

Being a poor CB does not make you less of a defender ...
Just because he is tall men as people think he should fit in as a CB.

Putting him at CB destroyed his confidence. He has all the makings of a very good FB, as Dan said too defensive for our current requirements

When I said better defender I obviously meant CB. No one in there right mind would think EEL is a fucking full back.

Only Crazy Walt wanted to put him at CH.

Sheyi Ojo is a better left winger than Dave Edwards but he's still dreadful.

They’re both shite, no question. That’s why we can’t give them away.

Did you not read what I just put...

Yes. And in was clarifying what you said . So I'll leave it that you meant CB.

EEL.is a better CB
Iorfa is the better FB and also better player.
I.like EEL's distribution but the rest of him is pretty poor

Never knew he was wily-arnaud zobo Boly. What a name, suits him.

I wouldn't class Iorfa as a purely defensive RB like Jonny is. I remember him making plenty of decent forward runs and overlaps using his pace. He didn't usually do much with the ball when he got it but it occasionally resulted in a chance/goal.

I wouldn't class Iorfa as a purely defensive RB like Jonny is. I remember him making plenty of decent forward runs and overlaps using his pace. He didn't usually do much with the ball when he got it but it occasionally resulted in a chance/goal.

Similar to Traore - head down, beat the man, whack the ball into the box.

Tim has done his research and pulled back from the home grown Iorfa line

The fact he even put it down in the first place proves what a fraud he is.

Back