• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Squad 23/24

We gave Rafa Mir #9, I doubt Silva would see it as much of a weight on his shoulders. It's just a number.
The same Rafa Mir that featured in the super cup against Man City last night. Absolute pearler of a penalty too.

Football is weird.

Just a shirt number, like the armband way too much is made of it, IMO.

With the transfers so far I’m just wondering who people think are genuine starters/first name on the team sheet ( I know it’s a squad game etc) we have a few that I would consider starters but in some positions there is that little difference in quality it really doesn’t matter. Eg, left and right backs have little between them so it doesn’t really matter who starts tbf. Neto for me has to be the first name down as he has genuine pace to cause issues.

Sa as we haven’t got a replacement.
Hopefully S Bueno and a n other. I would choose Dawson, but suspect it will be Kilman
Semedo is ahead of Doherty
Other side is a complete toss up
At the moment Gomes and Lemina
Cunha is pretty much penned in
Other than that things look pretty open

Days of looking up are gone (who knows how long),
case of building a squad or solid pros who will keep us seems to be the aim ( wouldn't knock hobbs for what he is doing) with bit of stardust from Cunha, old neto etc.
Days of Flume are over back to Charlie's Fish Bar on a Saturday night

Sa as we haven’t got a replacement.
Hopefully S Bueno and a n other. I would choose Dawson, but suspect it will be Kilman
Semedo is ahead of Doherty
Other side is a complete toss up
At the moment Gomes and Lemina
Cunha is pretty much penned in
Other than that things look pretty open
I agree with the above, so we look to have so far just padded out last seasons squad with no first team improvements in quality just more depth imo.

I guess a lot of us are hoping Santi will be at least a small upgrade on Dawson (it seems Mac is the clubs number 1 CB).
Maybe we'll sneak one more first choice in today, wide forward maybe.

We've just bought a wide forward.

We're clearly after another CM, and that will be it.

I guess a lot of us are hoping Santi will be at least a small upgrade on Dawson (it seems Mac is the clubs number 1 CB).
Maybe we'll sneak one more first choice in today, wide forward maybe.
Mac?

A nice little boost for him and shows commitment both ways. I wonder why we've done it now, though? Is it possible he was leaving prior to today?

Now can Cunha have 10 when Podence sods off? Ta.

Back