• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Star Wars Thread

Geek klaxon

Star wars the last jedi was filmed in Ireland and the T shirt was a reference to how long the crew have been there. The local sayings etc had started tpo be picked up

Geek klaxon

Star wars the last jedi was filmed in Ireland and the T shirt was a reference to how long the crew have been there. The local sayings etc had started tpo be picked up

THANK YOU!!!

Trailer for Solo - it looks like GREAT fun. Can't wait!

It looks better than I dared to hope. Ehrenreich was always in a no-win situation to try and follow an act like Ford's Han so I'm trying to go easy on him.

The fact is that poor Alden cannot be exactly the same as Ford and shouldn't be expected to be. So far he seems believable in the trailers and that's absolutely good enough for me (but I like the prequels, so I'm easy to please).

Soooo, finally got round to TLJ, such a let down.

The three plot arcs are disjointed, and a little uninteresting in points. The early scenes felt rushed, with some very clipped dialogue and forced jokes, and at no point did any main character feel in jeopardy.

I think there was the semblance of a good film but the direction ruined it.

I liked the red salt.

I also liked the kid force picking up the broom, despite him looking like a scifi Harry Potter at the end.

The three plot arcs are disjointed, and a little uninteresting in points. The early scenes felt rushed, with some very clipped dialogue and forced jokes, and at no point did any main character feel in jeopardy.

I liked the red salt.

I also liked the kid force picking up the broom, despite him looking like a scifi Harry Potter at the end.

I would personally disagree with all of your criticisms but each to their own!

Got the bluray to watch at some point next week.

I would personally disagree with all of your criticisms but each to their own!

Got the bluray to watch at some point next week.

As I read the thread (after I posted!) I thought you might! I felt that it was better than attack of the clones if that helps?

I liked the red salt.

First watch i was 6/10. On second viewing I absolutely loved it. I'd go as far as to say it's up there with ANH and ESB. Really looking forward to his new trilogy.

As I read the thread (after I posted!) I thought you might! I felt that it was better than attack of the clones if that helps?

Damned with feint praise! Attack ofthe clones is one of the worst films ever made.

Damned with feint praise! Attack ofthe clones is one of the worst films ever made.

Well, TLJ isn't the worst film ever made then!

I think it was let down on the direction, also, the use of the force didn't fit with the cannon. Such as Yoda's ghost using real lightning and Luke giving Leia physical golden cubes when he's force-walking. He's either projecting or physically there!

Nah, exploring new ways of using and manipulating the force is one of the main strengths of the film.

Nah, exploring new ways of using and manipulating the force is one of the main strengths of the film.

The Yoda Lightning was particularly jarring to me. I can just about deal with the physical transfer of matter, as it was well sign posted with Kylo Ren/Rey touching across light years and water passing to Kylo Ren's glove.

Attack of the Clones is weak, but The Phantom Menace makes it look like Dr Zhivago

Let's not bring the prequels into it, now.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Just rented TLJ on Amazon, will be sitting down to watch it in an hour or so with a couple of quality beers.

Attack of the Clones is weak, but The Phantom Menace makes it look like Dr Zhivago

At least TPM had Liam Neeson who was OK and the pod race is sort of alright. The love story in AOTC is off the scale bad and the final battle is boring. I didn't mind Obi -Wan investigating the clones though tbf. Both bloody dreadful films though and thank god the sequels have been good.

Solo is fantastic. Such a good, fun film.

Obi Wan v Vader reimagined.

This is awesome.

what are the new films that disney is planning? Only saw a brief newspaper headline.

Back