• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Star Wars Thread

Alan

…unlucky Del - No chance 😉
Reaction score
Edited for spoilery spoilers!

Did we need to know who Snoke was?

Last edited by a moderator:
No need for this, we have a film thread..

Closed.

There is a need for it. It stays open.

Might be going for viewing number 2 tonight. Lots of things I want to see again.

There is a need for it. It stays open.

Might be going for viewing number 2 tonight. Lots of things I want to see again.

Is it possible to put a thread on ignore?

The spoiler tags are great to use and I like all the Star Wars films so if it's The Last Jedi stuff can we spoiler it till say the 1st of Jan?

That's a fair suggestion.

Or alternatively, if you're not interested you could just not post in these threads? Novel idea, I know.

Is it possible to put a thread on ignore?

The spoiler tags are great to use and I like all the Star Wars films so if it's The Last Jedi stuff can we spoiler it till say the 1st of Jan?

I probably won’t see Last Jedi til it’s available on Amazon so would appreciate all spoilers to be tagged as well.

I think we can assume that all spoilers will relate to TLJ.

I keep seeing the argument that "Luke wasn't Luke" in TLJ.

I thoroughly disagree with that. Thoughts?

I keep seeing the argument that "Luke wasn't Luke" in TLJ.

I thoroughly disagree with that. Thoughts?

Luke has changed. He was about 26 when we last saw him now he's in his late 50s. In the OT he was full of hope (there is still good in him ) but in 8 he's cynical and pessimistic. We get OT luke back at the end though.

Luke has changed. He was about 26 when we last saw him now he's in his late 50s. In the OT he was full of hope (there is still good in him ) but in 8 he's cynical and pessimistic. We get OT luke back at the end though.
Glad I wasn't the only one who thought this was a natural conclusion to draw.

Went to see TLJ last night. I didn't think it was anywhere near as bad as the other guys I went with did, but it was little bit disappointing. There are plenty of things that I like about episodes 7 & 8 but I can't believe that those 2 films are the best they could come up with, especially when Rogue One was so good.

Actually, reading through some of the reviews of the film this morning has reminded about lots of things I did like about the film so maybe I judged it too harshly. I'll need to watch it again, I think. When you watch a Star Wars film at the cinema, it is hard to tell if you're enjoying bits because they are good or just because they are Star Wars!

Rogue One is still far better than Episodes 7 or 8 though...

Actually, reading through some of the reviews of the film this morning has reminded about lots of things I did like about the film so maybe I judged it too harshly. I'll need to watch it again, I think. When you watch a Star Wars film at the cinema, it is hard to tell if you're enjoying bits because they are good or just because they are Star Wars!

Rogue One is still far better than Episodes 7 or 8 though...

Rogue One is great because it feels like the OT. It's a standalone film and doesn't have to do anything other than be good. The new trilogy is trying to tell a new story that's both familiar to fans whilst also making the whole thing much bigger so Disney can make money ad infinitum. Not easy.

Back