• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Steve Morgan Legacy

Favourite game: Close between Rotherham 6-4 and Leeds 4-3! Both fantastic games of football where I went totally batshit mental when we scored those winners. The win against Man Utd was incredible too.
Least favourite game: I'm sure there are worse but I went to Reading-Wolves last season and we genuinely had no plan for when we had the ball (except, backpass to keeper, hoof, win the ball, repeat). Came away wishing I hadn't bothered which I had never really felt before.
Best performance: Liverpool 0 Wolves 1. A true 'team performance' if ever there was one. I loved that season of us beating the big guns. The three nil win at Brentford was another top team performance. So much quality on the counter attack that day.
Worst performance: easy peasy. Wolves 1 West Brom 5. A day that will forever haunt me!
Best signing: Tough one. Sako, Jarvis, Dicko, Foley, Ricketts all stand out to me but has to be SEB for me. An absolute hero whose goals fired us to the Premier League.
Worst signing: Roger Johnson. Signed to take us on a level, I don't think we saw him leading us to a double relegation at that point.
Best moment: Promotion to the Premier League probably. Being there for the weekend we beat Rotherham and Orient to go up as champions was particularly fun personally.
Worst moment: The defeat to City that relegated us was a bit sad, but was always coming. The Huddersfield game which basically sealed our second relegation hurt.
Hero of the Morgan era: Mick
Villain of the Morgan era: Saunders/O'Hara

Best team

------------------Hennessey----------------------

Foley-------Craddock--------Stearman-----Ward

Jarvis-------- Henry--------McDonald-------Sako

-----------Ebanks-Blake-----Fletcher--------------

Subs: Ikeme (13-15), Iorfa, Berra, Jones, Kightly, Doyle, Dicko)

Worst:

--------------------Ikeme (15/16)-----------------

Zubar--------Johnson------D.Ward--------Mancienne

Halford-------Olofinjana----O'Hara----------Pennant

------------------Sagbo------Holt----------------------

Subs: Budtz (?), Gorkks, Jonsson, Doumbia, Quashie, Hunt, Harewood,

Jan Budtz :icon_lol:

I'd forgotten about him. Harsh YW, very harsh. What did poor Jan ever do to you?

Didn't he have an absolute MARE when he came on in a game for us?

Just the memory I have of him because he can't have played many games for us!

Worst XI

Ikeme (15/16)

Gorkšs
Johnson
D.Ward
Mancienne

Halford
Jonnson
O'Hara
Mujangi-Bia (never ever forget)

Sagbo
Maierhoffer

Last edited:
I'm no Morgan superfan but neither do I hate him. He and Moxey made some god awful decisions (especially managerial) and whilst he lead us to the Premier League, he also then dragged us into League 1. However, it cannot be denied that he has left the club in a healthy state and this is the reason an organisation such as Fosun have chosen to buy us and if this turns out to be as exciting as the early signs then this will become Morgan's legacy. He could have sold us to the first money grabbing mercenaries that offered him top dollar (especially given the nature of his sudden departure last year) but to his credit he did not

Is heart was in the right place, but he found out that he needed to invest more of his personal money, than he had previously thought.
There was a time, when I disliked him, but looking at all the positives he has done for the club, I would say thank you and good look for the future.

Last edited:
If I had been verbally abused by so called fans the way he was, I would have walked away too. Some people forget that he did do a lot for the community.

If I had been verbally abused by so called fans the way he was, I would have walked away too. Some people forget that he did do a lot for the community.
Except that's not why he left

I'm convinced some on the Mix aren't real Wolves fans rather, full time M&M haters.

The latest gem is Morgan only participated in The Way because he's chasing a Knighthood.

For people who despised him so much I'm amazed they still want to discuss him and not move on to what is the most exciting time we've had in my lifetime supporting Wolves and forget Oyston incarnate sharpish!

Back