• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Butland/Fabianski
Mawson
Bauer
Evans (won't happen anyway)

That's about it for me.

You're looking at three teams who can neither create nor score so I don't want any of their attacking players.

A more game savvy, less erratic version of N'Diaye would be perfect. Someone with strength, power and the ability to break into the box, but knows when it's appropriate and when it isn't, who can also track runners and doesn't switch off. They aren't ten a penny, but Keane, Robson, Ince in their pomp would be ideal.

Or you could go in a completely different direction by adding a similar player with vast experience who could nurture Neves through his first Premier league season. Someone like Cesc Fabregas who would talk young Ruben through games which might bring added education to the role requirements.

Cesc can't play in a midfield two. Much like Rooney, the miles in his legs from playing regular first team football since he was 16/17 mean he now plays like someone 4-5 years older than he actually is.

If we're after an upgrade on Saiss then mobility is one of the first areas where you could look to make an improvement, you wouldn't want someone even slower than Romain (he's been better in that respect this season since that sack of spuds got removed from the back of his shorts).

I love Cesc,, but he just hasn’t got the legs anymore.

I think I’d only really want Mawson out of the bottom three sides. Butland is decent too.

Cesc can't play in a midfield two. Much like Rooney, the miles in his legs from playing regular first team football since he was 16/17 mean he now plays like someone 4-5 years older than he actually is.

If we're after an upgrade on Saiss then mobility is one of the first areas where you could look to make an improvement, you wouldn't want someone even slower than Romain (he's been better in that respect this season since that sack of spuds got removed from the back of his shorts).

Maybe the Wolves system in the Premier league will evolve so we split two strikers say Jota and Costa and play an attacking midfielder;striker between them.

Maybe the Wolves system in the Premier league will evolve so we split two strikers say Jota and Costa and play an attacking midfielder;striker between them.

This has been something Nuno has done a few times when closing out games. He’s often put N’Diaye (sometimes MGW) as an extra midfielder, or sometimes a false nine.

I don’t see us going with it as a starting option though. It lacks balance for me. The positioning of our inside forwards (in and out of possession) is what makes us such a difficult team to play against

I like the look of Diawara at Napoli, doesn't start many games so could maybe be swayed to leave but if they lose other central midfielders he might get bumped up.

MGW played up front V Sunderland, didn't go too well unfortunately

From the sheer dross we were linked too and signed in the last Premier League Promotion its refreshing to see the players we are linked too.

I’ll take being linked to Butland and Yaya Toure any day over Marcus Bent and Greg Halford

Yaya would be ideal if you've simply been dying for a reprise of Darren Anderton's contributions in a Wolves shirt.

Haidara for Salzburg is being linked with a move to Leipzig for around ten million. He’d be brilliant next to Neves. Really good all round footballer.

Certainly a player you would hope is on Kevin Thelwells short list.

Olivier Ntcham from Celtic anyone as a player who would complement Ruben Neves?

Fabianski is a better keeper than Butland would be my opinion. Better shot stopper, better link up player, better tactically. Not as athletic bit feel his other abributes as well as price compared to Butland would make him higher on my personal list.

Haidara for Salzburg is being linked with a move to Leipzig for around ten million. He’d be brilliant next to Neves. Really good all round footballer.

Isn't that likely to just be Red Bull moving assets around? Jorge Mendes lite!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back