• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. He's just had a new baby and may have had a genuine reason for being late.

All speculation any way.

Pepe can be an absolute acting prick. We have seen it. If he comes here someone needs to have a word. Acting won't work in premier league 2018/19. He is however a fucking quality centre half. If he behaves I would have him here. Act like a cunt and the fans will soon let him know. We are not stupid. Neither is Nuno. Neither are fosun

definitely.

it's very common for players who have been professionals for 20 years to completely change their play style when being given the offer of a contract by a newly promoted team in england.

We don't want this sort of shit.

giphy.gif

tumblr_ly0panXZMR1qak12mo1_400.gif

IRT3.gif

IRT5.gif

Would love Pepe here, absolute scenes if he signs.

As for Rojo, I think the small matter of his £160k a week wages may be a sticking point. That being said, I would take a guess that we’re paying Moutinho north of £80k a week.

Just reading the PL handbook, it looks like wages can be £81m this year rather than £67m previously thought.

f6205947eb1df3ec49a7e27fdf153594.png

Bonus.

EDIT: Doesn’t that just apply to the last three seasons? New teams start off on £67m then go up £7m per season?

Bonus.

EDIT: Doesn’t that just apply to the last three seasons? New teams start off on £67m then go up £7m per season?

It doesn’t mention new teams, it just tells you the maximum amounts for each season.

It doesn’t mention new teams, it just tells you the maximum amounts for each season.

Wouldn’t that what they’d be basing current FFP on though for the last three seasons? Next year’s would probably read the same just with the seasons moving over a year.

Just reading the PL handbook, it looks like wages can be £81m this year rather than £67m previously thought.

f6205947eb1df3ec49a7e27fdf153594.png
I'd read that somewhere else, but going by that wording it means if you were promoted in 16/17 and have been in the Prem 3 years, as it goes up £7m every season. £67, £74, £81.

Wouldn’t that what they’d be basing current FFP on though for the last three seasons? Next year’s would probably read the same just with the seasons moving over a year.

I’m guessing next year will be £88m. It wouldn’t mention season specifically if you were starting at £67m in year 1 as a newly promoted club.

That's assuming you have been in the PL for three seasons. The years stated are just an example.

That's assuming you have been in the PL for three seasons. The years stated are just an example.

I’ve read the whole section and it doesn’t specifically mention newly promoted teams. If newly promoted teams weren’t going to start at £81m for 18/19 then it would say so.

I’ve read the whole section and it doesn’t specifically mention newly promoted teams. If newly promoted teams weren’t going to start at £81m for 18/19 then it would say so.

Why? That’s the FFP requirements for now based on the last three years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back