• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure you don't need me telling you this but that's so irresponsible when racism in the game still needs tackling. They need to have a proper look at themselves.

Beyond tasteless isn't it? Offensive to player, the club, readers...

A simple dislocated shoulder wouldn't stop the transfer. A dislocated knee definitely would!

Still seeing loads of 'Nuno will coach him up' comments like Traore is some non league project. I really dont see value in him, not at his release fee. Maybe 12million but my view is that he dribbles to the detriment of his team, he'd affect our counter play and his his stats and when I've seen him play makes me thinkg he needs feeding the ball consistently before he can get into a game, so wouldnt be effective as the 'last 20 minute v tired legs' player that many have talked themselves into.

Might be a little harsh but I see Traore as a "MAX-Bright", pace and dribbling but very little end product to show for it, with him it's always seem a dangerous combination of poor decision making and poor technique with his final balls.

Might be a little harsh but I see Traore as a "MAX-Bright", pace and dribbling but very little end product to show for it, with him it's always seem a dangerous combination of poor decision making and poor technique with his final balls.

He did score 5 goals and have 10 assists in 34 games last season, compared with 5 goals and 6 assists in 36 games by Helder Costa... Are we being a little harsh on him?

Max of 6 weeks recuperating from a dislocated shoulder probably about 4 until he can train again. Would see him available for Burnley at home in mid September at latest.

He did score 5 goals and have 10 assists in 34 games last season, compared with 5 goals and 6 assists in 36 games by Helder Costa... Are we being a little harsh on him?

No because look at the impact Costa makes on team mates, runs he makes, overall moves he is involved in and compare the two. If we were having Traore I'd have wanted him here for the first day back and the tour, nit with 15 days until the season, granted it would be easier fitting in to an established system compared to last yeae, but look how many nuno gave a shot to last season before moving them on.

Looks like Barry’s at Leeds.

586460c501e50683ddbaed5716b272bd.png

I think people are being ridiculously harsh on the lad, I think I will stick on the side of the professionals who are paid to make these decisions for now.

I personally think in the premier league, Traore’s pace will be priceless, whether that’s from the start of the game or for the last 30 mins. I think he’ll be a real asset to the team.

Also, don’t believe for one second that Cavaleiro is “carrying a knock.” I think he’s on his way out. More than happy to be wrong on this one though!

Also, don’t believe for one second that Cavaleiro is “carrying a knock.” I think he’s on his way out. More than happy to be wrong on this one though!
Boly must have been on his way out when he didn't play against Stoke then?

Boly must have been on his way out when he didn't play against Stoke then?

No rumours surrounding him leaving though, merely just my opinion anyway mate hahaha. Suppose I’m not allowed a differing view then?! As I said, I hope I’m wrong, but we’ll see.

I hope you are wrong too. If Traore isn't coming then there is no way on earth we would sanction Cavaleiro leaving. So I guess we just have to see what pans out in the next two weeks.

Definitely, I think it depends on the Traore situation. If he comes in then I think Cav is out.

I don't think so. Jota, Cav, Costa, Traore. 4 players, 2 positions.

I would prefer it that way, but IF we got another player in (Traore or someone else in those positions) you have to imagine that even with substitutions one of those four isn't getting on the pitch in many matches. Nice problem to have, but it would be up to Nuno to weave his magic keeping everyone happy.

If like today, one of our 3 AMs isn't available we don't have much option off the bench. MGW and that's it. We definitely should have 4 AMs IMO.

If like today, one of our 3 AMs isn't available we don't have much option off the bench. MGW and that's it. We definitely should have 4 AMs IMO.

I agree, it would be nice. However, trying to convince 4 players (all with enough quality to be starting premier league games) that it’s worth staying at Wolves to maybe not even get on the pitch, that would be tough.

We still need another CB and AM or we'll have too many youngsters on the bench and not enough strength in depth.

Assuming we get those two, our bench would be:

Ruddy
Saiss
Vinagre
MGW
(New AM)
Cavaleiro
Bonatini

After that it's all kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back