• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2014/15 - Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would Ayew be replacing one of Routledge/Dyer? Can't see him playing up top on his own. They really need to improve on Gomis, he is shocking.

Pedro Obiang to West Ham and they're after Loic Remy as well.

All my Swansea friends love Bafe.

Who are these Swansea fans that you know? (Out of interest not saying you don't know them)

He's not that terrible, nor is he brilliant. I think he'd be better with a run of games and knowing he will get a chance but for Swansea to progress again they need better.

Like Johnny said, they have plenty of money and you'd expect them to sign a striker again. Lambert too old now and not great as a lone striker, think Austin would be an OK for but again they can do better

Couple of guys from the web and three guys who used to frequent the bars at uni. Not a huge sample, obviously.

Of course, they all loved Bony as well, who seemed to split opinions around here.

France Football report Watford want to sign Tottenham defender Younes Kaboul and midfielder Etienne Capoue. Those transfers suggest to me Watford could be paying 50k to 60k a week to some of their players which is a massive step up for the club and their whole financial structure. Do you just rip it all up when promoted and start again.

Why not? Theoretically you have to start paying those sorts of wages eventually. If you think it improves the squad measurably, no point in waiting around.

I'd be more concerned at Kaboul being linked full stop if I were a Watford fan, he is completely finished.

As for Gomis, I'm not going to be brought round by the second hand opinion of US based Swansea "fans" :icon_lol: He can't hold the ball up, he looks knackered after five minutes and his goalscoring record is poor. He also has a freakishly large head, he's like a real life version of one of these:

strong_style_color_b82220_football_strong_player_soccer_figure.jpg

Firmino linked strongly with United.

That would be an interesting signing.

I'd be more concerned at Kaboul being linked full stop if I were a Watford fan, he is completely finished.

As for Gomis, I'm not going to be brought round by the second hand opinion of US based Swansea "fans" :icon_lol: He can't hold the ball up, he looks knackered after five minutes and his goalscoring record is poor. He also has a freakishly large head, he's like a real life version of one of these:

strong_style_color_b82220_football_strong_player_soccer_figure.jpg

Really harping on the distance thing lately, ay? The Swansea guys from the web are based in Wales, anyway (or so they claim).

Notwithstanding that here in the States we can watch every Prem match, every week.

Not at all, it's just a bizarre way to hold a discussion.

"I've watched a lot of Player X and I think he's terrible."

"Really! Well these random people you don't know who nominally follow that club from thousands of miles away rate him!"

900x900px-LL-f5ffdcb5_alan-partridge-shrug-o.gif

I'm not sure why I'd care what they think is all! I'm not exactly going to change my mind based on their observations, presented to me second hand.

Distance isn't especially relevant, there were locally based Wolves fans who rated Olofinjana after all.

I figured people who had seen a bunch of him would hold more weight than me.

Doesn't always follow does it, look at the ludicrous opinions Liverpool fans have about their own players where everyone is the best in the waairld.

Your opinion will do :)

Bogdan signs for Liverpool. Better back up than Brad Jones, but that is really a tallest dwarf competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back