• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2020/2021 - Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had one vs Barca as well I think, a bit later than that.

I could see Villa. Heaton will have suitors if they go down, Reina will leave, Nyland is terrible.

2014/15 probably? I remember him saving a Messi penalty in the first leg at home and did excellently to keep the score down in the return leg.

Would be a very Villa signing.

I thought he did OK v us at Molineux. Kept the score down. Not bad considering he was probably knackered from playing in Euro games with Burnley every other day....
We kept shooting to his right

City apparently buying Koulibaly for £72m. Now him and Laporte will be good together I'd imagine but that amount of money (and a 5 year deal) for a 29 year old seems a bit mental. Guess it shows how desperately they need a player of that calibre at centre back alongside Laporte.

They'll be class together, to be honest I'd rather pay that for Koulibaly than £80m for Maguire at his age. With Sane, Silva and more going they'll probably save that in wages alone.

They must be confident they are getting their ban overturned or at least reduced. Can't see a 29 yr old going there without Europe for 2 years.

I would be staggered if they get better than it reduced to one season. The emails are an absolute smoking gun.

I'm surprised Koulibaly would go there unless he ALSO knows the ban will be overturned.

Be surprised if the ban is overturned completely as that would destroy the credibility of Eufa - down to one year possibly, but that puts 5th place in play.

Given that the leading candidates for that now are us & MU who are both still in the Europa then if either win it then thats a favour to the other one.

Be surprised if the ban is overturned completely as that would destroy the credibility of Eufa - down to one year possibly, but that puts 5th place in play.

Given that the leading candidates for that now are us & MU who are both still in the Europa then if either win it then thats a favour to the other one.

I want to get the Champions League place ahead of United. And then play them in the Europa final and deny them again.

I want to get the Champions League place ahead of United. And then play them in the Europa final and deny them again.

That would be good, but would take 1 of those to get there (anyway if you win the Europa doesn't that drop the CL league qualification down 1 place so if it's them they still get there?)

Finish Chelsea Wolves Leicester Manchester United. City get ban overturned. We beat them in the final. That would make it happen

:icon_lol: you'd get good odds on that!

Tbf I'd quite happily take 6th place and united winning the europa if it guarantees wolves champions league football next season. I hadn't previously considered it dropping down to 6th if United win it.

It doesn't, does it? We can only have a maximum of five teams.

Edit: Ignore me, you're talking about if Citeh are still banned. I'm not sure they will be but we'll see.

I think City will be fine, the ban wont stand

They must be confident they are getting their ban overturned or at least reduced. Can't see a 29 yr old going there without Europe for 2 years.

I imagine that the contract would probably have a condition precedent to that effect.

Arjen Robben has come out of retirement to sign for FC Groningen, which is fun.

i would have him here, class player :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back