• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2020/2021 - Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea have a new keeper, Eduoard Mendy from Rennes.

Spurs after Benteke......file under "WTF is happening in 2020"

Looks like City had a story already for a new signing but had to make some changes but didn't double check...

EjHKTC-XsAAQ0aS

They've had a great window

That was said about those from the poorthornes in the season that they got relegated although on this occasion I think you are right. They've bought in 5 upgrades on first team players and their squad has improved as a result. They should have enough to survive comfortably this season.

As mentioned previously I'd have taken Barkley if it wasn't for Vithana coming in.

That was said about those from the poorthornes in the season that they got relegated although on this occasion I think you are right. They've bought in 5 upgrades on first team players and their squad has improved as a result. They should have enough to survive comfortably this season.

As mentioned previously I'd have taken Barkley if it wasn't for Vithana coming in.
And you get your second Villa player in PTG. Welcome to the dark side

And you get your second Villa player in PTG. Welcome to the dark side

I'd already made a post regarding my shame on that one thank you. No need to publicly out me! :icon_lol:

Grealish and Barkley together sounds a very flaky midfield, could be a burden as much as a blessing.

It's just another player in there who can often be erratic and a bit of a luxury.

It depends doesn't it? If he can replicate his Everton form (an assist or goal every 4 matches), then they have a very good player on their hands, he predictably played just 50 games for Chelsea half were sub appearances), that always looked a bad move for him (similar to Sidwell, SWP, Drinkwater, Parker etc), he should take some of the burden off Grealish to be the creative source, and he's still only 26. Looks a low risk signing to me, he's clearly better than Hourihane.

Hazard out for another month at Real with muscle issues - what a 12 months. One league goal in the last calendar year.

Hourinhane is literally in the team for set pieces. He’s slow, cant get around the pitch, pretty average at everything.

It’s a massive upgrade for them. If Bertrand Traore turns out to be decent then their looking solid at the top end of the pitch. Back 4 still not great though

Fulham sign Ademola Lookman on loan from RB Leipzig

It depends doesn't it? If he can replicate his Everton form (an assist or goal every 4 matches), then they have a very good player on their hands, he predictably played just 50 games for Chelsea half were sub appearances), that always looked a bad move for him (similar to Sidwell, SWP, Drinkwater, Parker etc), he should take some of the burden off Grealish to be the creative source, and he's still only 26. Looks a low risk signing to me, he's clearly better than Hourihane.
I think you'll only get Everton numbers from him if you pander to him in the way Martinez did, he had free rein up do whatever he pleased in that side. Problem at Villa is they already have one diva doing the same, can they carry two? Maybe they mesh together well or maybe him and Grealish spend every game having their own dick measuring competition with the rest of the team picking up their mess.

I think you can see with United and Jogba/Penandes that it doesn't really work. You can't have two players doing whatever they want, even if Grealish is nominally a forward at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back