• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2022/23- Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's played the last two games for England, but that doesn't mean he's fit!

Burnley have agreed a fee of 12m with Stoke for Nathan Collins.

Seems a good price.

Would have very much been in there.
We’ve opted for cheaper from Columbia. I suspect in 3 years Collins will be one we wish we’d gone for. I know a lot of Stoke fans and they all rate him extremely highly.

Would have very much been in there.
Are we ever going to buy a home based player under FOSUN you'd have to wonder ?

Mind you Collins is not featuring in Stephen Kenny's teams at present , and if he is that good then he should walk into that Irish side .

Are we ever going to buy a home based player under FOSUN you'd have to wonder ?

Mind you Collins is not featuring in Stephen Kenny's teams at present , and if he is that good then he should walk into that Irish side .
You mean like Ruddy, Bennett, Afobe, Douglas (?), Ben Marshall?

You mean like Ruddy, Bennett, Afobe, Douglas (?), Ben Marshall?
I'm obviously referring to a better quality player than that . Those players were bought when we were not in the Premier League , didn't have good funding and could not attract a top player as a result .
Different times now , but will we ever go for a home based player who is sought after and will go straight into our first team or close to it .

I genuinely think it’s unlikely. Established Premier League players don’t represent value.

Aye, there's loads more value from Barcelona, or Milan, or Olympiakos et al...

There generally seems to be. Tarkowski aside I can’t see us particularly looking at Premier League players. The prices would be too high to hit the model we look to be trying of buy young, develop, harvest profit.

Norwich re-sign Angus Gunn. Strange one, he's absolutely shite.

It would appear that Sancho to United is done, £85m once we are out of the Euros.

No doubt England will start to pick him then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back