• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2022/23- Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not joining this to gang up on you but seriously any Scottish team paying £80k pw to any player, let alone an injury plagued one, is madness
Again fair enough. I think rangers know the risk but are willing to take it. He won’t bust them

£80k is mega money compared to the rest of the squad
Screenshot_2022-01-31-21-16-44-608_com.android.chrome.jpg

The rangers accounts and club statements don’t plead poverty . They will be fine.

Ramsey is 31 and injury prone, unless Rangers have a physio who can perform miracles they'll need a zimmer frame to get him on the pitch well before the end of a 4 year contract. Madness.

He'll be 35 still picking up 80k p/w.

It's a shocking deal for rangers

Shows he wants to be a big fish in a smaller pond . He will win a few trophies too .and he gets to play for Wales again
It's a colossal waste of resources for a PL team let alone a Scottish team

It's a colossal waste of resources for a PL team let alone a Scottish team
wouldn't be shocking for a PL team. Moutinho's been on over 80k for a similar age period for us?

There's an aside that Moutinho doesn't have the injury history Ramsey does, but still.

wouldn't be shocking for a PL team. Moutinho's been on over 80k for a similar age period for us?

There's an aside that Moutinho doesn't have the injury history Ramsey does, but still.
Finances are a bit different in the SPL though.

Finances are a bit different in the SPL though.
agreed, and I am in no way saying it's a good deal for anyone except Ramsey.
The point I was making was a PL team spending north of 80k on a midfielder just past 30 for 3-4 years isn't a shocking deal for a PL side, as, we have observed since we got promoted.

Maybe colossal is too strong a word. £4m quid per year on someone the wrong side of 30 who hasn't played much and has very questionable injury history is a lot.

Moutinho is a different kettle of fish and is worth.every penny

Hard to believe that Alfredo is the highest paid player in Scotland. He ay that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back