• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2022/23- Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess we just have to hope that Bruno thinks Cundle is ready if needed.

Hate to say it but Jonny and Neto will be like new signings. We should have a decent second half but obviously only one CM injury away from being up shit creek.
I'm getting to the stage where RAN would be my first choice. He still has things to learn defensively, but he's better going forwards than Jonny, and we need our WBs to help create chances.

Hate to say it but Jonny and Neto will be like new signings. We should have a decent second half but obviously only one CM injury away from being up shit creek.
Not saying he's necessarily the answer to anything but we will have Taylor Perry available soon following injury. He didn't go back out on loan.

Nor did Marques which potentially (along with Boly/Mosquera returning to fitness) opens up the possibility of Saiss moving into midfield if required. To be honest if we had Boly available and one of Neves/Joao unavailable, I'd rather play Saiss in CM than Donck.

I don't think anyone did particularly good business on the whole, certainly nothing season changing. I expect everyone to finish roughly where they are with a few swaps of 1-2 places here and there. I can't see us collapsing and finishing 14th or something.

United lost Martial (played a part in their winner vs West Ham, so was still getting limited gametime) and Greenwood for non-footballing reasons too.
Potentially Spurs might have had a decent window if the 2 midfielders they bought in turn out as they expect, although they are still a bit iffy at the back.

I wouldn't ask Davinson Sanchez to protect my lawn.

They prioritised a RWB, seriously wanted Adama to play there (!), failed to bid properly so lost him, and now still have a choice of Royal/Tanganga/Doherty there. That's a poor state of affairs.

Bentancur is pretty much more of the same that they already have, I don't seem him changing much. Kulusevski might be alright if he settles quickly.

Kulusevski is the new messiah according to the Spurs fans I've spoke to (or that Russian sounding Swedish bloke as some have called him...).
Do we know what the deal is with Boly?

Had a calf knock which kept him out of AFCON.

Was in the training videos yesterday.

I'm getting to the stage where RAN would be my first choice. He still has things to learn defensively, but he's better going forwards than Jonny, and we need our WBs to help create chances.
Defensively Jonny was probably the best in the league. Not that conceding is much of an issue at the moment. He could play RB instead of Semedo but that would be harsh on Nelson.

Jonny will have to earn his way back in, but just by competing with RAN for the spot we will likely be improved.

Nor did Marques which potentially (along with Boly/Mosquera returning to fitness) opens up the possibility of Saiss moving into midfield if required. To be honest if we had Boly available and one of Neves/Joao unavailable, I'd rather play Saiss in CM than Donck.
Not sure Marques will figure at all now we have Gomes come through. Plus Mosquera if he's fit.

chelsea also did fuck all this window.
actually, like deutsch says, no-one has really done anything of note this january.

My grumble is that we already had a small squad and had areas that could do with improvement. I understand that buying a benchwarmer is not necessarily good business but we have put a lot of faith in three midfielders , one at 36, one who picks up yellows consistently and will always get a 2 game ban at least once a season and one who pretty much everyone concedes could do with an upgrade in any case. Even bringing in a competitor for Donk would have improved the squad. His height is what we could miss, but there are a number of 6ft plus midfield that could have been pursued by the club but were not. I have bent myself back into shape about it all given where we are as a club in the League but this summer really does need some business. We wont keep getting away with it.

Jack Wilshere has officially signed for Danish Superliga side Aarhus Gymnastikforening. Contract until end of the current season. 🏴󠁧󠁢

Great, a break from hearing the boring, monotone twat on the radio

Weghorst looks a good buy for Burnley. Upgrade on Wood so far and money in the bank .

Surprised to read Villa are open to allowing Watkins to leave this summer. Something gone wrong there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back