• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Travel Thread

Yeah... I see why you'd have reservations. 😂

There are good bits of Texas, surprisingly. Dallas wouldn't make my list, personally.

States are great to visit if you are doing a road trip.
And we do have plenty of curvalicious backroads to explore, no matter what Top Gear said.

Yeah... I see why you'd have reservations. 😂

There are good bits of Texas, surprisingly. Dallas wouldn't make my list, personally.

I have issues with travel at the moment. Because of course I do.

I wouldn't mind seeing NYC one day but not much else in your fair land appeals.

I'd highly recommend the Blue Ridge Mountains but I'm contractually bound to say so. It's in the fine print on my NC birth certificate.

Europe:
Ireland
France
Spain
Portugal
Italy
Czechia
Hungary
Germany
Belgium
Norway
Holland
Turkey

 ROW
China
Maldives
Mexico
USA a few times
Dubai
Singapore
Egypt

Think that is it.
First time i left the UK i was 27 years old. So not bad really.

Will be adding Thailand to the list in March

Driving from Atlanta to Memphis was brilliant....actually stopped in the town of Brilliant as well.

Memphis to Nashville got to visit Paris and see the Eiffel Tower
Was recently up up in Michigan for work. Passed a glorious town called "climax" I bet the folk there have much more fun than the town I passed in Mississippi called "chunky"

Estonia,
Latvia,
Lithuania,
Poland,
Ukraine,
Transnistra,
Moldova,
Romania,
Hungary,
Slovakia,
Czech Republic,
Germany,
Holland,
Belgium,
Greece,
North Macedonia,
Serbia,
Albania,
Montenegro,
Croatia
Cycled through all of those! ( I may have mentioned it)
Northern Ireland ( lived there for 6 months)

Rest of world,
Armenia,
Georgia.

33 years ago today I was in Saudi Arabia with a lot of mates, ready to go to Kuwait and Iraq!

That list makes me look a right show off, I worked hard for that Europe list

Driving from Atlanta to Memphis was brilliant....actually stopped in the town of Brilliant as well.

Memphis to Nashville got to visit Paris and see the Eiffel Tower
When I skip the interstates to visit my parents, I drive through Norway and Denmark.

As you might guess, the South Carolinian versions aren't a patch on the European ones. Although there is a dog food factory near Denmark...

Europe
France
Belgium
Holland / Netherlands
Italy
Vatican (if you count it)
Greece
Turkey
Spain
Slovakia
Estonia
Finland
Denmark
Germany
Croatia
Portugal
Poland
Ireland
Monaco (if you count it)
Malta
Cyprus
Switzerland
All 4 UK inc NI nations

World
USA
Canada
Mexico
Thailand
Malaysia
Hong Kong (if you count it)
Macau (as above)
Australia
Egypt
China

US
New York
Conneticut
Rhode Island
Maine
DC
Massachusetts
New Hampshire
Illinois
California
Arizona
Nevada
Alabama
Mississippi
Tennessee
South Carolina
Georgia
Pennsylvania
Virginia
New Jersey
Florida
Travelled through Delaware, Maryland and Utah, but didn't get out of train/car so don't count them. Similar with Arkansas and Louisiana which I've seen from the other side of the Mississippi

Now unemployed so doubt I'll be adding to any list any time soon.

Europe

RoI
Scotland and Wales
France
Belgium
Italy
Austria
Germany
Switzerland
Spain
Holland

ROW

Morocco

Canada - Lived in Vancouver, also visited Banff, Lake Louise, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Thunder Bay, Ottawa, Toronto and Montreal.

US - Buffalo, New York City, New Jersey, DC (all part of the same trip starting in Toronto) Florida, Seattle.

That's sad. So much to see... Grand Canyon is simply breathtaking.... you need to see it just once in your life. The Monterrey coastline, the road across the Keys, etc.

I get you may not fancy mixing with Americans but just remember the vast majority are regular normal people living their lives like everyone else. Those you see on tele or as loud mouthed tourists aren't the norm.

Hope your travel issues resolve themselves as you will miss out on a lot if you are unable.

UK
France
Spain
Portugal
Malta
Italy
Hungary
Greece
Cyprus
Luxembourg
Belgium
Switzerland
US (Miami, Tampa, St Pete, Orlando, Naples, Dallas, Chicago, Denver)
Barbados
St Lucia
Dominican Republic
Tunisia
Singapore
UAE
Abu Dhabi
And now Oz obviously

Intend to tick off NZ next year and all the nice bits of Micronesia are a lot closer and cheaper to get to now. Flights to Tahiti are cheaper than flights to Perth

Obviously,
Scotland
Wales
N. Ire.
Ireland

America (Twice, Boston & Washington / Shenendoah)
Denmark **
Sweden**
Germany **
Switzerland
Austria
Luxembourg
Latvia
Italy
France (Lived and Holidays)
Belgium
Netherland
Indonesia**
Java,
Bali
Spain
Corsica
Tunisia
Greece
Turkey
Sardinia
Malta
Portugal
Tenerife
And the rest of those Islands, but I suppose that just comes under Spain
** Work AND play.

Loads of places I'd like to see though.
Read a book on America by an Indian/American called William Least Heat Moon called 'Blue Highways'
Went around America on Blue Highways which (Alan) correct me me if I'm wrong are the roads that used to be the main roads of travel until the Interstates took all the traffic away. Small towns that used to be big etc. Interesting (not Tourist) places.

Man we are soooo different, I would love to go to the States but I'd rather have all my teeth pulled without anaesthetic than go to NYC

I'm so envious of you lot, I really need another lifetime to see more of the world.

I have bits I really would like to tick off. Japan and China for definite and I would love to have seen more of Africa. I was a young lad when we went on holiday to Tunisia in the late seventies. I have wanted to see the whole Egypt thing but the countries of equatorial Africa hold a fascination for me

Back