• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I re-started my game last night as I had basically confused my self.

Done a few of the missions now, including killing the Dragon and getting some magic that makes me Lulu or something. After re-starting I have actually started to get into the game.

I ran around a fair bit on Skyrim yesterday, well did more swimming to be honest, i do love that my Argonian can breathe underwater, picking on Horkers between Windhelm and Winterhold helped me up my sneak and archery a bit, but neither are anything special still, i'd developed a nice tactic of attacking things across the water with archery and then retreating to the safety of the water when things weren't going my way.

I've been using magic more than anything anything really, often being completely defenceless using mage robes, no armour and two spells opposed to weapons, i have flirted with all the different weapons at different times though so everything is levelling up a bit at a time. Could do with doing some more quests though instead of just mindlessly wandering from place to place picking on the more feeble creatures i come across.

I found some serpent stone thing or something too, not sure what it is to be honest but i had to kill an ice wraith to get it, i had no idea what was going on when a blue ghost looking thing started hurting me.

I now have 73 quests to complete....do you want some!??!

I've been doing a similar thing but on a smaller scale, i go round places, talk to people, pick up quests, none of them look interesting/easy/rewarding/close enough to complete there and then so i piss off elsewhere and pick up some others.

Done a few of the missions now, including killing the Dragon and getting some magic that makes me Lulu or something.

Wait, what?? You slay a Dragon in Skyrim?!

Well that's it then, you've ruined the story for me. No point in picking it up now.

I just got ruined by some shitty Daugr with wight or something, i was going through one of the quests for the college and the teacher seemingly got bored and let me go it alone, i walked into a room and foolishly thought it was empty so decided to go to the toilet, came back just in time to see the stupid thing destroy me. Now its sent me back 4-5 rooms and i cant be arsed to do it again so Skyrim is off for now.

I've had hardly anytime so far to get on my new xbox so only managed to get a couple of games on Fifa.

Luckily I'm free Thursday night I just don't know whether to get into Skyrim or open up Battlefield...decisions!

Right, it's not my usual bag but I'll give anything a go so have ordered Skyrim on the strength of this thread.

Only game anything like it that I've played would possibly be Fallout 3. Loved that game (for a while), obvious differences aside can I expect something similar?

Right, it's not my usual bag but I'll give anything a go so have ordered Skyrim on the strength of this thread.

Only game anything like it that I've played would possibly be Fallout 3. Loved that game (for a while), obvious differences aside can I expect something similar?

Yes, you can actually. Fundamentally the same (same producers) just a completely different setting.

Girlfriend will be happy then, spent many hours on Fallout 3 including collecting all the bobbleheads and completing every available quest.

Yes, I had a list.

Really similar game. But Skyrim is bigger. And it has dragons. And magic. And the world is more varied. But the way you play the game is virtually the same. Even down to the lockpicking and pickpocketing. If you liked Fallout you'll love this, if you can get into the 'fantasy' aspect of it.

Anybody played Modern Warfare 3 yet? There's a level in London, and when you enter the first building after the second or third corner there are two TVs. Take a look at what's playing on them, Wolves V QPR from the old first division before it became the Championship. Top stuff, Wolves have gone global.

photo-13.jpg

photo-3.jpg

Last edited:
Yep. It's been discussed. Welcome to November.

My short list of games to buy (when I finish Skyrim in 2015) :-

Arkham City
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Mass Effect 3
Bioshock Infinite

Hopefully by the time I get round to playing them, they will be under £10 in the bargain basement.

Back