• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Had a blast on MW3 last night - racking up mega kills against all the kids who got it for Christmas but haven't learned the maps yet!

I actually think I will award Arkham City Game of the Year 2011 (though I'm prepared to omit Skyrim from this as I still have SO much to experience there).

It's a phenomenal piece of work - it's incredibly well polished, pretty big, amazing fight scenes, engaging story and - above all - FUN. This is exactly what game developers need to be doing. I've not played any side quest or even main quest that hasn't been brilliant. Oh, and the gadgets. And the characters. And the stealth modes. And the Catwoman missions.

It's incredible, bettering the original in every single way. Quite a feat considering Arkham Asylum is one of my top 10 games ever. Arkham City will probably make my top 5.

I had SW:TOR dreams nonstop last night... I think my brain is telling me it's time for a night off.

I had SW:TOR dreams nonstop last night... I think my brain is telling me it's time for a night off.

haha, I'm not doing so well as I only have a hour, 90 mins tops late night to play. In fact I only just got my ship on my main (scoundrel), and because of the qeues I've also got a BH at level 10 on another server.

Not overkeen on the smuggler storyline so might reroll a Sith Inquisitor on another server because I loved that storyline from the beta weekends.

I've bought a PS3 mainly so I can stream videos, football and etc. to my main TV, however, I downloaded Mafia II (Game Pack), I'm guessing I need the original Mafia II to be able to play it. Is that correct or should I be able to play it from the 'Joe's Adventures' download?

I actually think I will award Arkham City Game of the Year 2011 (though I'm prepared to omit Skyrim from this as I still have SO much to experience there).

It's a phenomenal piece of work - it's incredibly well polished, pretty big, amazing fight scenes, engaging story and - above all - FUN. This is exactly what game developers need to be doing. I've not played any side quest or even main quest that hasn't been brilliant. Oh, and the gadgets. And the characters. And the stealth modes. And the Catwoman missions.

It's incredible, bettering the original in every single way. Quite a feat considering Arkham Asylum is one of my top 10 games ever. Arkham City will probably make my top 5.

I'm glad someone else has enjoyed it as much as I have. It's a phenomonal game and will join Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare and Skyrim in my top three. And it does get my Game of the Year 2011, hands down.

I might be in trouble. In the last couple of years the only games I have completed have been Arkham Asylum and Uncharted 2 - both of which I spent way too much time on. I am currently working my way through Mass Effect 2 which is just wonderful but......I have Arkham City and Skyrim in the house and Uncharted 3 and Mass Effect 3 on the imminent horizon.

When am I going to get the chance to play FIFA now?

All EA games are on offer at the minute on iPad/iPhone

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is £9.95 with Zavvi!

I'd noticed FIFA 12 this morning for 69p. Any good for the iPhone? And I may pick that Deus Ex up too for that price, always looked good that did.

Finished the story mode on Arkham City last night. An absolute triumph of a game - and what an ending!!!

Now I've got loads of side missions to go back through and finish, as well as the Riddler challenges etc.

It's an essential purchase. I've loved every minute of it.

Finished the story mode on Arkham City last night. An absolute triumph of a game - and what an ending!!!

*SPOILERS*

Yeah I thought the ending was magic, mind you with Paul Dini writing it it was always going to be a winner, he wrote my favourite run on Detective Comics ever. And it looks nicely set up to me for a third game in the franchise with Two Face and Hush still at large and Azrael dropping a huge hint that things are going to get worse for Bats!

Definitely on a par with Skyrim, and I could live on those two games for a good year or so.

How awesome is the weapon jammer? I love it when there are 2 goons left guarding the entrance and you scramble their guns. Then drop down and beat 7 shades out of them as they attempt to work out why their guns don't work!

The way they have managed to mix strategy and action in amongst stealth and gadgetry is remarkable.

I got Batman and Skyrim for Christma. Although I started Skyrim (I intend to play the role of merlin from the bbc series;)) I am completely hooked on batman - it is much better then the first one (but don't get me wrong I loved that one too!) the characters and misssion are fantastic, the fighting never gets boring (take note assasins creed) and the range of tasks is biwildering! I will be sad when I've finished it!

Are you going to do the game+? That looks bloody hard, although I'm having trouble with some Riddler trophies and riddles as it is.

Back