• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

I might be wrong but Neves and fernandinho are different types of player, Neves isn't the destroyer that fernandinho is

Well you're never going to get exact clones of players, are you. Xavi wasn't the same as Pep at Barcelona.

They both sit deep though, City have absolutely no-one at the club who is ideally suited there other than him (they could fudge a short term solution if he got injured, but that's about it) and Fernandinho is nothing like a Terry Hurlock style snotter.

Neves's tackling has been a step up this season, he'd easily be a good bet for a fernandinho repalcment. Bit of a waste though.

Neves's tackling has been a step up this season, he'd easily be a good bet for a fernandinho repalcment. Bit of a waste though.

Gotta say, this is news to me. He looks as rough as ever in that department to my eyes.

Gotta say, this is news to me. He looks as rough as ever in that department to my eyes.
Nah, he has been much better. Not really good fault if sterling takes a dive on the edge of our box, that's down to crap refereeing.

Neves would be brilliant in that role for City. I’m just greedy and want a full season out of him!

Really? He still looked awful at it against City, he made a hash of a few tackles and gave away a couple of free kicks as I recall. I remember saying it to my Dad at the time, Neves tackles like Paul Scholes

I don't want him to go, I have way too much of a man crush on him

Can we just enjoy the ride for a little longer before y'all start mentally dismantling the team?

We'd be mad to sell him in Jan. Either sell him next summer for a massive fee, or build a team around him and spend like mad next summer to compete for the Champions League spots. If he's playing CL football, he'd stay. He will defs end up at Real or Barca in the next few years though, but he's still only 21.

We all need to get used to the idea that Neves is leaving every transfer window. Hopefully we do well enough this season to persuade him to give it another year and see where we are. If and when we do sell e will be a few to dwarf our previous sales. Hopefully we make a better fist of spending the money than in previous similar situations - cough, Solbakken,cougg!

FYI I've moved the 'Neves can't tackle' debate to the Blame Game thread so this thread can concentrate on transfers.

By all means continue the debate on that thread.

Sadou Diallo signed for the U23's. Previously with Man City

Sadou Diallo signed for the U23's. Previously with Man City

So, if this lad is the all-singing-all-dancing youth phenom that BMB saw back in the day, why have City given him the elbow? Attitude problem?

So, if this lad is the all-singing-all-dancing youth phenom that BMB saw back in the day, why have City given him the elbow? Attitude problem?
More likely the relative levels of the clubs at that age group. Our23's were pretty poor which is why we've signed half a dozen or so over the last few weeks. Plus about 8 are now in Spain.

Cheeky bid for Arnoutovic if west ham continue to be rubbish?

Cheeky bid for Arnoutovic if west ham continue to be rubbish?
Doubt it. His attitude when things go against him is pretty shit. As Shearer pointed out last night

Last edited:
I think he would fit our system ok but he does come across as a bit of a dick, also Nuno would never stand for his attitude

Back