• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

There goes Julen!

João rolling back the years. Brilliant delivery from a short corner and Collins heads home.

We've been alright over the last 10 minutes or so. Podence corner cleared, made it's way back out to Moutinho who actually put in a lovely cross, and Collisn attacked it at the back post to head home. Nice.

Lovely finish from Podence from just outside the box after a Costa lay off to make it 3-1. That was ALL about the pressing to win the ball back. Julen will be happy with that one.

3-1 Podence. Layoff by Costa and Podence fires low into the corner from the edge of the box.

Just turned on and immediately see a Classic Wolves. Moutinho puts Podence in down the left with loads of time and space. Any simple ball accross the box in a 15 yard window see’s Adama have a tap in. Nope, head down, chop inside and spanner it in to shins.

Can’t change overnight.

Yes I realize I gave Lage the same benefit.

Despite the score we look atrocious.

So many players who can't play this formation.

I’m at work just saw the score and assumed we were doing ok then looked on here and appears we look poor

We are seeing what we should be seeing.

Seen what you can do...what can't you do and do I need to replace you. Can I set up this way v Everton, Man Utd, Villa if needed.
Exactly what we should be doing across the 3 practice games under JL

A few who will be looking for somewhere else to go in January.

I’m at work just saw the score and assumed we were doing ok then looked on here and appears we look poor

Should be 3-2 at the very least, Negredo managed to hit the bar when totally unmarked 8 yards out.

Right side of the defence is a nightmare and we have one CM, Hodge looks like one of those bad trialists that Championship clubs get each summer. Adama is still crap and Costa is no kind of presence in general.

Agreed with Costa, the fairy tale of him coming and performing is sadly confined to the bin. We defiantly need a pre injury Raul and a new striker in January to stand a chance of scoring a few goals.

That sounds very unpleasant watch.
Can’t wait for boxing

Absolutely stupid pass from Kilman and he puts it on a plate for them to score.

3-2

The problem is, if we don't change overnight we are going down
That’s Lage/Shi’s fault tbf, Lopetegui might be good but if we’re really looking as bad this morning as has been painted, we’re asking for miracles.

Even accepting that, this is still almost certainly more fact-finding work by Julen and the team. Tinker while there aren’t points on the line. Sometimes that’ll look pretty shit to watch.

That’s Lage/Shi’s fault tbf, Lopetegui might be good but if we’re really looking as bad this morning as has been painted, we’re asking for miracles.

Even accepting that, this is still almost certainly more fact-finding work by Julen and the team. Tinker while there aren’t points on the line. Sometimes that’ll look pretty shit to watch.

I'd say about 5 of these won't often play for us in the league. We'll likely sign some quality forward players who are a better fit for what Lop wants to do.

Last edited:
Yep whilst we’re floundering with our defence Scott & Jeff thought it wise to let a WC semi finalist leave for free nice work lads

Back