• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

There goes Julen!

Talking Wolves just follow news now and do a little write up and credit the source. At least 3 times today they’ve published something a few minutes after news now.
I can’t see Jeff writing his letter, praising Loppers for him to be left looking like a prune not long afterwards.
You can't think Jeff wrote that letter?

It's PR bullshit from the marketing department.

Yeah, I can obviously see why JL wants new players. Every manager wants new and better players. But the idea that you could look at our starting XI and think ‘relegation fodder’ is pretty daft

It might not be that, it might be that he was brought in under the guise he wanted to push the team back towards Europe, now if that has changed (and at least from what he has been putting out) and it's "ride this year and then maybe some spending" - then maybe that isn't something you'd be happy you moved country for?

If nothing else it's tiring we've allowed this to happen.

Lop has got his reputation to think about ultimately. If he believes this squad isn`t good enough to compete, then I cannot see him staying. He will not want relegation on his CV. His stock, as of now, is still high.

Would his reputation not take a hit at him throwing his toys out the pram and quitting like a petulant toddler because he didn't get his own way? I understand him wanting to push the owners to get the best squad possible but it's not like he didn't spend nearly £80m in January. Maybe he shouldn't have insisted on spending a ridiculous amount of his budget on Cunha.

There is a story there though, can't blame them.
No doubt he's unhappy but the constant flim flam from social and mainstream media is just embarrasing.
I agree he should keep his gob shut to them and just tell Jeff his concerns (I'm sure he has)
I can only see him going if we are in danger of relegation again at the end of the season.

No doubt he's unhappy but the constant flim flam from social and mainstream media is just embarrasing.
I agree he should keep his gob shut to them and just tell Jeff his concerns (I'm sure he has)
But that's what happens when a manager chirps up in the press.

He's given them the story by deciding to do an interview with GB.

I'm sure there were dozens of times when Nuno would have loved to have a moan to the press, but he didn't, he kept his council and got on with it.

I'm sure there were dozens of times when Nuno would have loved to have a moan to the press, but he didn't, he kept his council and got on with it.
Have to presume the Daily Mirror guy was on holiday when he gave it or is slower on the uptake than Liam

Have to presume the Daily Mirror guy was on holiday when he gave it or is slower on the uptake than Liam
It'll get more hits now as a story on its own as if its new than if he'd have released it as 1 of 10 other at the time.

It'll get more hits now as a story on its own as if its new than if he'd have released it as 1 of 10 other at the time.
giphy.gif

But that was ages ago and reported at the time, this 'new' report makes it sound like he decided yesterday he was gunna leave. He may of course gave had enough but the media have no new information, all it does for me is confirm my distrust of the media.

Without Jeffs letter yesterday the story wouldn't have run. Jeff says that things are tight this summer, Loppers had already stated his dissatisfaction with the lack of spending so 2+2 means that he is on his bike again.

Back