• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

There goes Julen!

Potter would be a dreamland appointment, but you're absolutely daft if you think we get anywhere near him.
What job is Potter walking into if it's not Wolves? Spurs or Villa level, but they don't have vacancies, so I think we're semi-realistic.

Obviously I know Jeff won't go for him, but I don't think he is out of reach of a club like us.

Well done Fosun, can’t spend a penny but happy to fork out a compo package.
Start preparing for a long hard miserable season folks.
Thanks Lop you could’ve walked a few weeks ago but just wait until 6 days before the start.

For those that haven't listened the Talking Wolves podcast with Johnny Phillips released last night is very good if, like me, you believe he's genuinely clued up.
The headlines (or my interpretation of them):
  • JL wants out and Shi wants him out, just cash being the issue which you can draw the obvious assumptions over. Feels like Rodgers and Leicester last year
  • Relationship is close to point of no return
  • FFP not the issue and hasn't been post the Neves sale, it's Fosun wanting to recoup money
  • The line being trotted out by Keen that the losses are higher than anticipated and forecasts amended is bollocks, but sympathises as he's reporting what the club is telling him (Didn't mention him by name, but obvious that's who he was referring to with 'local media'
  • Shi has been screwed over to a degree by Fosun with continually changing strategy and having to react to that on the fly. Hence the £8-15m policy being changed to f all. Doesn't know what Lopetegui was told in Jan, but strategy from May to now has changed.
  • He was mildly critical of Lopetegui's Ballague interview as in he went rogue

Surely this was manageable. If there was going to be no spending this summer then you would have thought that you could have agreed a plan for the season whereby the manager stays put. Conjecture on my part but I'd say that the fall out is as much to do with personalities than money.

It's the communication that is the biggest issue. If you want to stop spending and claw some money back - fine - just tell us the truth.

For those that haven't listened the Talking Wolves podcast with Johnny Phillips released last night is very good if, like me, you believe he's genuinely clued up.
The headlines (or my interpretation of them):
  • JL wants out and Shi wants him out, just cash being the issue which you can draw the obvious assumptions over. Feels like Rodgers and Leicester last year
  • Relationship is close to point of no return
  • FFP not the issue and hasn't been post the Neves sale, it's Fosun wanting to recoup money
  • The line being trotted out by Keen that the losses are higher than anticipated and forecasts amended is bollocks, but sympathises as he's reporting what the club is telling him (Didn't mention him by name, but obvious that's who he was referring to with 'local media'
  • Shi has been screwed over to a degree by Fosun with continually changing strategy and having to react to that on the fly. Hence the £8-15m policy being changed to f all. Doesn't know what Lopetegui was told in Jan, but strategy from May to now has changed.
  • He was mildly critical of Lopetegui's Ballague interview as in he went rogue
Seems like Shi, Lop, and Hobbs have all been thrown under the bus tbh.

Admin please add a ‘T’ to the start of the thread title.

What job is Potter walking into if it's not Wolves? Spurs or Villa level, but they don't have vacancies, so I think we're semi-realistic.

Obviously I know Jeff won't go for him, but I don't think he is out of reach of a club like us.
He's out of reach for us because he could go to any number of progressive, upwardly mobile clubs, rather than a basket case of a club with absentee owners who've driven their current manager away days before the start of the season.

Reactions: jlo
Nobody predicted in May that we would replace Lop with O'Neill and our big summer signing would be Matt fucking Doherty
I thought that the whole legacy fans things was taking the piss but this takes the trolling of the fan base to a whole new level.

It's fucking crazy, we're talking to him about a severance package (I assume his staff too) but we couldn't find a few quid to bring a few players in to keep him happy.
Someone's spent a few thousand quid on that massive "Julen is a Wolf" flag, which we'll never see again.

I think (and certainly hope) we'll see significant business in the summer. Our January window was way, way busier than usual as Lopetegui badly needed more than just a couple of new players. I would expect him to be backed further in the summer so he can properly build his squad to play the way he wants.

I can't remember the last time I wanted such a clear out of players. I think I'm only fussed about keeping Bueno, Dawson, Bouba, Gomes (x2), Lemina, Neto, Sarabia (still think he'll come good), Neves (yeah, yeah, I know), Sasa, Cunha

Otherwise I'm really not all that fussed who stays and who goes.

Bloody massive overhaul needed - it's criminal how stale the squad has become over the past couple of years or so.

Well this aged like milk, didn't it?

Back