• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

I'm so sorry to hear that, Nando. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Off to a funeral today. One of our bowlers, and a fairly inspiring fella (white family who adopted a non white child in the 1960's!)
He was a proper character too.

A mate of mine has passed away aged just 29. Tom played pool with me in the League but has had a run of ill-health for the last few years.
About 3 years ago he collapsed on the street and had to have an emergency tracheostomy.

He went back into hospital on Friday because he needed another and he was in great mood when he woke up from surgery. His last Facebook post last night was "It's a new day tomorrow" but this morning he's gone :confused-smiley-013

RIP Tom

That's harsh darlo. At least Cyril was in his 80's & had a good life.
Watching his sons at the funeral, I was reminded how funny he was, as well as how much he clearly meant to his sons.
I will never hear "Oh I do like to be beside the seaside" the same ever again...

So sorry to hear that Darlo, horrible news

It's horrendous, absolutely disgusting.

Don't for a second believe them when they say it's "very unlikely to ever happen"

You can understand why people flee their homeland when there are archaic actions like this being brought in - presume that they are in the UN & any of these punishments must breach every human right rules there let alone be completely against decent treatment on any level.

Need to be treated as a pariah state till they change!

I think this conclusively proves that the Sultan of Brunei secretly loves the cock. Nothing worse that a self hating bi-sexual, as the American Evangelical community continues to teach us.

Visiting the mother in law in a care home. The man next to us stood up and proceeded to take down his trousers and underwear, the lady the other side was crying for her mommy ' mommy mommy, where are you, mommy ',the lady opposite was sick in a waste bin.

Such a bloody shame :(

Bombing and killing people while they are at their place of worship. How terribly sad.

Only met Manny once, but he's a lovely guy. Didn't know me from Eve but still took time to chat and pass a few words.

Imagine living like this, purely becuase of what you like. It really makes me ashamed.

ea2b62da0e3aff1d17be35ca190b863f.jpg

Only met Manny once, but he's a lovely guy. Didn't know me from Eve but still took time to chat and pass a few words.

Imagine living like this, purely becuase of what you like. It really makes me ashamed.

ea2b62da0e3aff1d17be35ca190b863f.jpg

Why are you ashamed? Racism blights all colours and creeds.
People like Manny should make one happy not ashamed. Gives me hope.
A Sri Lankan friend of mine had posts up on facebook after the latest slaughter and the number of messages for prayer and support from all over the world was amazing! Not just from Catholics and other Christians but from plenty of others too including Muslims from Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan etc. Same in Londonderry, people uniting and having the guts to stand up to the bullies who are blighting everyonrslives and future.

Ive been at a Think Tank/Workshop the last 2 days, brainstorming innovation ideas with leadership at work.

One of the ideas that looks like it will get across the line is AI support for customer support channels, chatbots etc. They want an automated system like the Amazon model, where you input your issue and it attempts to resolve it by providing helpful answers or links to Help centre articles.

they crunched the numbers and estimated that this could save millions of dollars globally as there wont be a need for human staff. This was lauded as something to celebrate, Yay - look how much money we saved by letting hundreds of people go and replacing them with AI. And somebody higher up will probably get a massive bonus because of this.

I found that to be quite sad and distasteful. Im probably in the wrong job.

I don't think you are DDW. I do wonder sometimes if people forget that interaction with a person is invaluable, it's what happens when you leave accountants and geeks in charge of human interaction. T-Bag levels of empathy.

I do something similar - software to automate the more mundane tasks of operating water systems. The big savings usually come from energy reduction (which I like), but an unintended side effect is often the human operators roles become defunct over time. No one gets sacked, they just don;t get replaced when they leave. Not nice when you think about it :(

Ive been at a Think Tank/Workshop the last 2 days, brainstorming innovation ideas with leadership at work.

One of the ideas that looks like it will get across the line is AI support for customer support channels, chatbots etc. They want an automated system like the Amazon model, where you input your issue and it attempts to resolve it by providing helpful answers or links to Help centre articles.

they crunched the numbers and estimated that this could save millions of dollars globally as there wont be a need for human staff. This was lauded as something to celebrate, Yay - look how much money we saved by letting hundreds of people go and replacing them with AI. And somebody higher up will probably get a massive bonus because of this.

I found that to be quite sad and distasteful. Im probably in the wrong job.
playing devils advocate here, but a benefit might be that people don't have to do mind numbing jobs anymore, and have time to spend with people or on things they love?
Perhaps the first step towards a 4 day working week being the norm, rather than 5?

Back