• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

That's terrible Keef. My extended family has been affected by a double suicide, brothers on this occasion. It's horrific

Horrible news Keef - think that the current scenario is exacerbating issues, particularly as support services for those who need it seem to have dissapeared.

That is terrible, don't know what to say, sorry for your/their loss is totally inadequate but I've got nothing else

Thanks for the support folks, really isn't anything anyone can say to make it better, the only good thing was his mates crowd funded the funeral, and it ended up making enough to fund the both of them, so that was a weight and worry lifted, couple of hundred quid found its way to a couple of mental health charities and the Samaritans as well

Just awful Keef, not much else I can say but I hope you are doing ok through this too

Sorry to hear about that Keef.

About 2 months ago I found someone who had committed suicide on the way to work (just. If I had walked past a few minutes earlier I could've saved him). Not going to lie it's completely fucked me up. I've thought about reaching out to his family at times but they've turned the fence where he hung himself into a kind of morbid shrine which I now have to walk past every time I leave my flat and I've developed some serious resentment towards him/his family for it. Which obviously makes me feel like a complete fucking arsehole.

Sorry to hear about that Keef.

About 2 months ago I found someone who had committed suicide on the way to work (just. If I had walked past a few minutes earlier I could've saved him). Not going to lie it's completely fucked me up. I've thought about reaching out to his family at times but they've turned the fence where he hung himself into a kind of morbid shrine which I now have to walk past every time I leave my flat and I've developed some serious resentment towards him/his family for it. Which obviously makes me feel like a complete fucking arsehole.

I've told you that you should go and see someone about all this as it's really not good to be knocking around with these thoughts in your noggin.

Have you sorted anything yet? No?

Go see your GP and they'll forward you on to some counselling. It works to get things off your chest.

Yeah I echo Pablos comments, it sounds like you need to see someone to talk about it. It will help, you cant go on with those thoughts running around with you.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Awful

Please talk to a professional. It may help.

That’s a lot of bad shit to get your head around .

Sending sincere good wishes mate

Going to a wedding tomorrow which is going to be so strange due to the times we live in. Rings have to be sanitised, mask wearing for those that want to, no speeches, no hugs for the bride, no singing, no DJ, no dancing,and my 89 year old mom has asked if she can take her own knife fork and spoon :(

Going to a wedding tomorrow which is going to be so strange due to the times we live in. Rings have to be sanitised, mask wearing for those that want to, no speeches, no hugs for the bride, no singing, no DJ, no dancing,and my 89 year old mom has asked if she can take her own knife fork and spoon :(

Went to a funeral (my Aunt & the last link with my Dad's family for that generation) last month.

Limited attendance (only 2 from our side of the family could attend because of that) - most wore masks, seats 6 ft apart & a very socially distanced short wake in a marquee behind a local pub. Was a strange experience.

A wedding would be worse as that should be a joyeus occasion

Funeral today. That's not even the sad bit...

Because of Boris and C19, there's no buffet, just individual plates of sarnies. 2020 stoops lower and lower.

I know it's the wrong thread, but the funeral was pretty much perfect and we got food for 5 at our table of 3, so it couldn't have worked out better.

Oh, and the C19 restrictions meant I only had to pay a bar tab of £65 as the olds only drank tea.

Just totally lost my shit with some of my colleagues. Not like me, I’d say I’d need a break, but I’ve just had one.

Not much if I’m honest! Someone not doing what they had promised earlier this morning, sure they did their best but they’ve landed me in it for tomorrow.

I usually try to turn it into a ‘way to improve’ sort of discussion, but I was that fed up I just ranted.

Back