• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Thank you for all the kind wishes. It is very rare for me to be under the weather, but this thing has knocked me about. But at least I can sit here with a good book, the only problem is the medication keeps making me fall asleep...

I cannot drink for four weeks. Medicine man gave me heap big medicine and been told that I shouldn't drink alcohol while on this medication.

Thank you Fred. I am not all that well at the moment. Probably need injections to reduce swelling in neck and shoulder, and the medication I am on is knocking me for six.

Weirdly the stuff I've been prescribed doesn't bar me from drinking. Rare that I actually drink anyway, unless I'm led astray by some certain gents from northallerton :icon_wink:

Seems frank, ddw and I are in the physios room together.

I'm terrified of injections, so am very glad I'm unlikely to have to undergo that.

Get well quickly frank.

Weirdly the stuff I've been prescribed doesn't bar me from drinking. Rare that I actually drink anyway, unless I'm led astray by some certain gents from northallerton :icon_wink:

Seems frank, ddw and I are in the physios room together.

I'm terrified of injections, so am very glad I'm unlikely to have to undergo that.

Get well quickly frank.

Thanks LJ. I remember drinking in a few hostelries in Wolverhampton with a certain Gentleman from North Allerton. Could it be the same person...?.

In all my years I have never had such a low opinion and negative thoughts and feelings for Wolverhampton, the football club and the place itself. Would I go back and live there, no fucking way.

A sad but true fact.

In all my years I have never had such a low opinion and negative thoughts and feelings for Wolverhampton, the football club and the place itself. Would I go back and live there, no $#@!ing way.

A sad but true fact.

Know exactly what you mean,I'm only 2 hours away,I nip over to see family,and my best friend,but can't wait to escape back to wet Wales,and can't wait to escape wet Wales on a bike trip again,2-3 years of saving should do it

Know exactly what you mean,I'm only 2 hours away,I nip over to see family,and my best friend,but can't wait to escape back to wet Wales,and can't wait to escape wet Wales on a bike trip again,2-3 years of saving should do it

It's just not the same anymore, or maybe I have just been away too long.

Get saving Keef, I enjoyed your last trip,and hope im still around to enjoy and follow your next one.

Week booked in May,only riding across one country this time,photos will be put up on the Facebook page,and a weekend away soon,to go and mooch around another decommissioned(not exploded like the last one)nuclear power plant,as you do,just waiting for better weather(may be a while)

Week booked in May,only riding across one country this time,photos will be put up on the Facebook page,and a weekend away soon,to go and mooch around another decommissioned(not exploded like the last one)nuclear power plant,as you do,just waiting for better weather(may be a while)

Wished I was fit enough to be able to do that on a bike. You doing it on your own again? Look forward to the photos and following your progress.

I would move back there in a shot. Even after living in leeds for near on 37 years I still miss Staffordshire for all of it's faults.

Wished I was fit enough to be able to do that on a bike. You doing it on your own again? Look forward to the photos and following your progress.

Not on my own this time,doing it as a joint effort with a friend who's doing it for charity,and then 2 months later she's walking the exact same route! My fitness is shocking now tbh,I've gone from 50-60 miles a day,to 10 miles a day commuting at my last job to maybe 10 miles a week! The weather in mid Wales has been awful,torrential rain high winds,if the wind can blow a fairly full bus across the road,it's just not safe on a bike tbh

Wolverhampton is no different to most Cities across the World even the USA, it has suburbs that are pleasant and Suburbs that are shitholes.
The Town Centre isn't up to much nowadays but there is work going on in an attempt to improve it.

Not on my own this time,doing it as a joint effort with a friend who's doing it for charity,and then 2 months later she's walking the exact same route! My fitness is shocking now tbh,I've gone from 50-60 miles a day,to 10 miles a day commuting at my last job to maybe 10 miles a week! The weather in mid Wales has been awful,torrential rain high winds,if the wind can blow a fairly full bus across the road,it's just not safe on a bike tbh

Sounds good, have fun. The long Winter months always set me back here, not being able to get out on mine at all for snow and ice. Come the middle of March and i'll be struggling to get up the first hill in my road again!

Happy cycling Keef :)

My wife flew over to the UK this morning to go to her dearly beloved Grandad's bedside because he's dying.
Not eating, not drinking, not speaking, can't see, has advanced dementia, doesn't know who anyone is and can't walk.
He's 94 and flew a Lancaster which was shot down at the Battle of Arnhem.
The people of the village where he crashed looked after the crew and hid them from the Germans, and after the war, held a parade in their honour on that day.
He's dying now...

A very close friend being diagnosed with an aggressive form of Cancer. She is only 29.

The news has knocked me sideways so fuck knows how she is handling it. Starts urgent treatment next week.

Horrible stories WH and Kenny, hope they make it..

WH, I am sure he will be remembered in fitting style for the brave deeds he did. Hopefully his final days will be spent in the company of loved ones.

Kenny, that is terrible. But last year a friend of ours aged just 32 was diagnosed with cancer, but despite being given little hope she has won her battle. I hope your friend has similar success.

Today has been a sad day. Twelve months a dear friend of mine collapsed and died on his way to Goodison Park to see his beloved Leicester City play Everton.

Well Terry you must be looking down with a great big smile on your face.

R.I.P. Big fella.

Horrible stories WH and Kenny, hope they make it..

Fred, Jane was there for the last few days of his life.
Severe alzheimers, wasn't eating, wasn't drinking, awake for 2 minutes in every hour.
Didn't know who his son was, nor Jane (Grand daughter), no memory at all. Just clinging on.
Jane left to fly home Saturday afternoon. Jack passed away Sunday morning 4am.
Best way to go. Just go to sleep Jack...
Lovely man.

WH, I am sure he will be remembered in fitting style for the brave deeds he did. Hopefully his final days will be spent in the company of loved ones.

He was Frank although he had no clue who they were. His other daughter is in Australia with his other Grand daughter.
Everyone except Jane is arguing bitterley about whether to fly home or not from Australia for a 25 minute service.

Back