• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Selfish, I know, but I only have a couple of days left in Oz before I fly back to the UK.

It's weird how the brain works sometimes. 8 months ago my wife passed away, I've got to the point now where I feel like I'm doing ok but today it started snowing while I was at work and my instinct straight away was to send her a text to tell her - she would have been jealous that I had snow and she didn't. It's odd how little things knock you for six sometimes.

It's weird how the brain works sometimes. 8 months ago my wife passed away, I've got to the point now where I feel like I'm doing ok but today it started snowing while I was at work and my instinct straight away was to send her a text to tell her - she would have been jealous that I had snow and she didn't. It's odd how little things knock you for six sometimes.

Bloody hell, I never knew that. So sorry to hear of your loss. May your happy memories help you through the difficult days and that you find comfort in them too. Again, so sorry to read this.

Sorry to hear of you loss Carrot, I can't imagine what your going through.

From my experience it's always the small associations that trigger off your memory of those you have loved, hope your bearing up ok

Carrot dude, like PPB I did not know of your terrible loss. I hope you are coping well.

Really sorry to hear about your loss mate.

Add my thoughts Carrot - no reason why any of us should have known - we all reveal only what we are ready & want to on somewhere like this, but you will find supportive voices.

With anyone you lose it is the little things - a smell, incident or picture that brings that person back to you

I echo Parkin's comments. And I know from experience how supportive folk on here can be.

Sorry to hear about your loss Carrotdude. Absolutely awful for her to be gone at such a young age.

Thinking of you mate. Take care

Really sorry to hear about your loss Carrotdude. You sound like you're doing well and I hope things get better for you.

Add me to the list of those who'd like to support you.
As others have said, friends of the forum help each other at tough times. I know I've benefitted from what is only a few pixels on a screen, yet sometimes has a huge effect.
I can't imagine what you're experiencing, but I hope you're ok.

Sorry to hear about your loss Carrotdude. Absolutely awful for her to be gone at such a young age.

11 days after her 28th birthday.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I don't know why I brought it up yesterday but I guess sometimes it helps to write things down or say them out loud.

She was an amazing lady and we had 9 and a half amazing years together (married for just under 5). I try and focus on those happy memories.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I don't know why I brought it up yesterday but I guess sometimes it helps to write things down or say them out loud.

She was an amazing lady and we had 9 and a half amazing years together (married for just under 5). I try and focus on those happy memories.

Keep doing so mate. There is a photograph of the pair of you in the Who are ya thread looking very happy together.

I echo what everyone else has said, Carrot. I'm terribly sorry for your loss, you're doing the best thing in trying to remember all the happy memories that you shares together.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that man, I can only imagine how hard it must be at times. I think if you keep focusing on the good times and stay optimistic for the future, you will find happiness once more. Good luck to you.

So sorry to hear that Carrotdude. I can't imagine how difficult it must have been to lose your wife at such a young age. From personal experience of losing a loved one, it is something that you never completely get over but it does get easier with time. You will always be thinking of her and need to cherish those memories but you will find that the littlest things will set you off. The sadness is part of the grieving but I hope you are doing well mate.

Condolences to you, most of us just can't imagine how you must feel we just wish you well now and in the future.

Back