• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

I found out this morning that my neighbour's dog also has dementia.
Doesn't recognise him at all and seems afraid of him....
Dear, dear me.
Having had a pain killing injection yesterday and now had 2 powerful painkillers, his dog walked out of the house today...
and fell over.
If it wasn't so tragic it'd be amusing.

Bye bye little doggy.

Why doesn't he just have it put to sleep and save it from any more suffering. We all love our pets and as upsetting as it is, thankfully most of us know when to end their misery.

Bloody annoys me. Its so selfish.

I know Sue.
But he's basically a country boy and he had these two dogs when he had a wife.
Then he lost her, then the little dog went last year....
I can see why he's blind to the obvious.
But as he says, at least she's not in pain.
For a week.

Another black bit of humour here though, She asked him what are her movements like?
He said, "Normal as far as I know, though she hasn't done one for a couple of days, why do you ask that?".
So the vet told him, "...as they get older, in fact near their time, they don't have the same control over their muscles".
And with that, she shoved a thermometer up it's arse.

And it shat, copiously, all over her!

Difficult one emotionally. One of my cats contracted diabetes. Chronic illness which affects the animal in a number of ways. So I shot it in the head with an air pistol. I agree WH and PPB, sometimes you must be cruel to be kind.

Difficult one emotionally. So I shot it in the head with an air pistol. sometimes you must be cruel to be kind.

What Dumbo.

And don't lie, I bet you'd be an absolute shit shot.

But yes, sometimes you do have to be cruel to be kind.

Ok , I won't lie (anymore because the last one was) I've never ended an animal's life because I have no right to do so. There's so much lazy opinion on this site.

You have never taken a pet to have it put to sleep . Hmmm

Lazy opinion,id rather have that over arrogant opinion.

I know Sue.

But as he says, at least she's not in pain.

How does he know, how does the vet know! Dementia, falling over, can't walk, has a growth, yelps, systems shutting down, seems afraid of him! There comes a time when you have to let go.I'm an animal lover, but I hope the dog doesn't last and linger for the week. It's cruel.

Well, it's all moot now.
Dog died at 5 this morning.
It was struggling with its breathing last night, then around 3 started a kind of breathless howling.
He was up with it but couldn't do anything until the vet opened. So he went back to bed and listened to his poor dog's final moments.
Then at 5am, it all went quiet....

It'll be interesting to see what he does with it now.

Another terrible loss of life in another shooting rampage in the USA. So needless and so very sad.

Another terrible loss of life in another shooting rampage in the USA. So needless and so very sad.

Terribly sad Frankie, unfortunately I think there will be many many more loss of life before anything changes over here.

Just spoke to my father in law on the phone who has cancer and advanced dementia. He told us he was ' wet' he'd just pee'd his trousers. Then took us completely by surprise and said ' come and see us sometime soon '.

In tears.

Just spoke to my father in law on the phone who has cancer and advanced dementia. He told us he was ' wet' he'd just pee'd his trousers. Then took us completely by surprise and said ' come and see us sometime soon '.

In tears.

I think we need to go and hold Tom's hand.

Mad isn't it?
Some fucker fails to blow up a plane with a shoe bomb, and now, millions and millions of people have to take their shoes off at an airport.
Meanwhile a succession of murderous bastards SUCCEED in rampaging through schools and shopping malls several times a year, shooting dead dozens and injuring hundreds of children.
Yet American politicians can't even agree legislation to start to try and stop it.

Go America.

My sister doing the dirty across her partner of 26 years who is one of the nicest blokes you could meet

11 year old boy shoots dead an 8 year old girl with his dad's gone because she wouldn't let him see her new puppy. I'm sure this would have still happen had the gun laws in the US been tighter.

In fairness to Obama he's trying his best, trouble is Americans are more motivated by John Wayne and arseoles like this,

nra.jpg

11 year old boy shoots dead an 8 year old girl with his dad's gone because she wouldn't let him see her new puppy. I'm sure this would have still happen had the gun laws in the US been tighter.

The only thing that can stop an 11 year old boy with a gun is an 8 year old girl with a gun. Obviously.

The Gun Violence Archive, a not-for-profit organisation that compiles data on gun violence in the US, says 559 children aged 11 or under have been killed or injured in the United States in gun violence so far this year.

That's an absolutely appalling statistic.

Back