• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Three Year Deal for McDonald

Maybe the solution is Coady alongside Price, with McDonald behind Afobe and given freedom from having to make defensive duties such a big part of his game with us? Might have him scoring for once.

But if that's the case what point was there in signing Wallace or giving Edwards a new contract a long term contract?

I'm convinced Jackett doesn't rate Price although he's never put a foot wrong and Coady is seen as that Price role.

Maybe the solution is Coady alongside Price, with McDonald behind Afobe and given freedom from having to make defensive duties such a big part of his game with us? Might have him scoring for once.

A few weeks ago I advocated this and was told that it was too negative and defensive. Price is the only defensive m/f we have and with him as the holding player, we can afford to have Coady and McDonald alternating as the creative link to the front three, preferably Afobe, Wallace and Henry. KJ has tried all the other M/F options we have, including Edwards and they are not up to it. It has to be Price.

I'm happy enough its been resolved providing he plays up to his best standard, that said I've never been able to understand some folks love for him, he needs at least one minder and imo is a bit of a one trick pony. When he he's on form his long range passing is superb but thats about it, can't score goals, can't tackle and quite frankly a bit lazy at times. Having said all that would like him to start with Price tomorrow.

Look at some of those passes. Deluxe Simon Osborn indeed.

I dont know but at wolves atm its all the same..most new players start out brilliantly and then fade out pretty fast and lose confidence and all skill in one moment. We move them on and they make a good career elsewhere..am i overanalysing this or is it a problem within the club/staff??

But if that's the case what point was there in signing Wallace or giving Edwards a new contract a long term contract?

I'm convinced Jackett doesn't rate Price although he's never put a foot wrong and Coady is seen as that Price role.

I think that those three in that combination could work, but I don't think Jackett ever would. As you say, wouldn't have signed Wallace or extended Edwards' contract either, or at least not done both.

Still, I am happy we've got McDonald signed up for another three years. I'm one of those who thinks he'd be almost as big a loss as Sako for us if he went for good.

Price and KMac are our best combo imo. Price isn't flashy but he has usually already worked out where he is playing the ball before he gets it, this is key to our tempo and providing kmac space to play his defense splitting balls.

There was one of those shots he can't do.

I've seen Darren Ferguson score from 25 yards. I wouldn't have backed him to do it more than one time out of 100 attempts and most of Kev's 100 attempts wouldn't reach. He shoots like he's wearing carpet slippers that are two sizes too big.

I've seen Darren Ferguson score from 25 yards. I wouldn't have backed him to do it more than one time out of 100 attempts and most of Kev's 100 attempts wouldn't reach. He shoots like he's wearing carpet slippers that are two sizes too big.

Ha Ha, like it :)

He had 'Attempt of the Year' last season, so we know he can do it. It will never happen if he's playing deep in front of our defence, that's why Price never scores. Horses for courses. McD needs to be played more forward, and that could only benefit our goalscorers.

Impoverished man's Xabi Alonso. Has his uses but I'm wary of any player who is made demonstrably worse or better based on his immediate partner.

I sent this post to Kev. See Preston goal for response pmsl

Called up to Scotland squad for Gibraltar and Poland games

This made me laugh. He was half decent back end of last season and Strachan never took a second glance, he's been awful barring a couple of speculative strikes and he gets called up. DW once scored from 30 yards but Woy isn't going to give him a cap..

The uncapped duo of Wolves midfielder Kevin McDonald and Aberdeen defender Graeme Shinnie have been called up by Gordon Strachan.

On McDonald, the Scotland manager says he's "getting better and better and he deserves to be there", while Shinnie is "having a successful season and he can cover other positions".

Righto Gordon!

The uncapped duo of Wolves midfielder Kevin McDonald and Aberdeen defender Graeme Shinnie have been called up by Gordon Strachan.

On McDonald, the Scotland manager says he's "getting better and better and he deserves to be there", while Shinnie is "having a successful season and he can cover other positions".

Righto Gordon!

So the secret to success in your job is to sulk, perform below average and to discuss things of a confidential nature in the public domain. To do will get you a pay rise (?), longer contract and international recognition from your peers.

*makes notes*

This made me laugh. He was half decent back end of last season and Strachan never took a second glance, he's been awful barring a couple of speculative strikes and he gets called up. DW once scored from 30 yards but Woy isn't going to give him a cap..

Only because I'm retired. ;)

Makes you wonder what managers are actually watching.

His form dropped off alarmingly last year after his initial call-up, so hopefully it will work in reverse this time round

Been awesome so far

Back