• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Three Year Deal for McDonald

Quirkafleeg

EMF Band Member. Dube player.
Reaction score
Well that's finally put that shit to bed. Glad to have you signed up Macca.

Excellent. Maybe he can start playing properly again now?!

Good news, hopefully his form will improve now his future is resolved

Hopefully he'll settle down now. We certainly need him to.

He's a lucky boy as he has been shocking ever since the QPR collapse and the club would have had every right to tell him to fuck off. Still not impressed with his behaviour.

We need him back at his best now this issue has been resolved.

I agree with the hope that he returns to something like his best form now that the contract issue has been resolved.

Another GFFH ITK success.

Good news. A vote of confidence in him by the club, now he just needs to get back to his form of last year. A great time to pair him and Jacko together in central midfield.

A great boost. Icgaf whether him and Price don't score they must start until the defence issues are resolved.

I am pleased it is all sorted. Now hopefully the real Kevin McDonald will turn up.

I have a bit of an issue in that I'm not really sure what the real Kevin McDonald is, given that he got outperformed by Lee Evans for months last season in this division, he can't run , shoot or tackle and he's only ever really shown up when Jack Price is around, which then leaves Coady who we paid £2m for this summer in a bit of an odd place.

I hope he stops doing Olofinjana impressions and bottling 70-30 challenges but I'm not sure his ceiling is that high.

I think that is incredibly harsh.

I don't think Price is as huge a factor as you imply there. In the league 1, he was comfortably our best player regardless of who was next to him.

Equally, he started last season excellently, and finished it just as well. He suffered while we had Dicko out injured and no suitable replacement. Evans was superb on that period next to him but I think we were all caught out by that.

He's far from perfect but he's a bloody good footballer who I have really enjoyed watching as a wolves player. . This may be his level but he's one of the better midfielders in this division. It's good news that we've tied him down.

I can't pinpoint a period in this league where I watched him and thought 'wow, what a player'. He strolled through L1 as like most of our players he had no business being at that level.

At best you could say he looked good through Jan - Mar last season, all with Price next to him. He was crap towards the end, Leeds howler, nothing performance vs Ipswich etc. I don't dislike him, he isn't that good though.

I'm with Deutsch - he reminds me of a lesser Alex Rae. On form, a decent midfielder but there's nothing exceptional in there.

I think that is incredibly harsh.

I don't think Price is as huge a factor as you imply there. In the league 1, he was comfortably our best player regardless of who was next to him.

Equally, he started last season excellently, and finished it just as well. He suffered while we had Dicko out injured and no suitable replacement. Evans was superb on that period next to him but I think we were all caught out by that.

He's far from perfect but he's a bloody good footballer who I have really enjoyed watching as a wolves player. . This may be his level but he's one of the better midfielders in this division. It's good news that we've tied him down.

McD looked a different player on Tuesday with Price alongside him...He even had a shot on target! Price allows McDonald to be the "flair player" he wants to be and he just hasn't shown when next to Coady

When he's good he's very good, but not a stand out player in this league

When he's poor which is frequent he's a liability.

Still our best midfielder which says a lot

Coady needs to step up

Price is the interesting one for me, twice he's come into the side and twice our form has improved. I've said it's a coincidence and you cannot have a player as limited as him in a midfield 2, but if he comes in again and we have an upturn in form I will concede I've been speaking shite

Maybe the solution is Coady alongside Price, with McDonald behind Afobe and given freedom from having to make defensive duties such a big part of his game with us? Might have him scoring for once.

Back