• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Its that time of year again....

Muchos gracias everyone.

We've got a 124 quid surplus after your v generous contributions that will go towards next year's bill.

I've also started experimenting with ads for guests. This is generating the heady amount of about 20p a day. Will look at tweaking that. My goal would be getting contributions down to a tenner this time next year.
I think the issue is a balancing act. I can drench the forum with ads for guests, but dont want to deter people. So its about making it really prominent that it can be avoided by registering. So it actually becomes a sales pitch.

I’ve finally got round to paying, real life and weird shit kicking off at a family funeral got in the way and distracted me

Hi VIs....I understand the desire (not really a need yet) to raise a few bob but I have 2 or 3 different sites that I visit regularly.
One is shipping which has a little bar at the bottom of the screen along which adverts scroll. Not particularly annoying, but not particularly distracting either.
Another which covers aircraft movement (Flight Radar 24) which as soon as you open it it goes straight to a full page advert which you can scroll around before binning it. Once you get into it a small bar runs along the top which is currently showing a Polestar car. Again completely bearable. Certainly wouldn't pay to get rid.
I mean looking at my screen now, I have a small panel about 1" wide with a faint Wolves wallpaper on it running vertically down both side, with all the messages in between that. I don't think it would bother me to have football related stuff in there.
I certainly wouldn't like to see incontinence products or remedies for erectile disfunction or baby products etc on every page.
Nor would it be irksome if when I hit 'The Wolves Forum' on my toolbar it opened up to a full page advert, which I could dismiss quickly, as long as it raised a few quid.
Bit of uninvited feedback for you there mate.
Thanks for doing everything you do.

I don’t think the ads would be for you, it’s for people who don’t have an account.

Hi VIs....I understand the desire (not really a need yet) to raise a few bob but I have 2 or 3 different sites that I visit regularly.
One is shipping which has a little bar at the bottom of the screen along which adverts scroll. Not particularly annoying, but not particularly distracting either.
Another which covers aircraft movement (Flight Radar 24) which as soon as you open it it goes straight to a full page advert which you can scroll around before binning it. Once you get into it a small bar runs along the top which is currently showing a Polestar car. Again completely bearable. Certainly wouldn't pay to get rid.
I mean looking at my screen now, I have a small panel about 1" wide with a faint Wolves wallpaper on it running vertically down both side, with all the messages in between that. I don't think it would bother me to have football related stuff in there.
I certainly wouldn't like to see incontinence products or remedies for erectile disfunction or baby products etc on every page.
Nor would it be irksome if when I hit 'The Wolves Forum' on my toolbar it opened up to a full page advert, which I could dismiss quickly, as long as it raised a few quid.
Bit of uninvited feedback for you there mate.
Thanks for doing everything you do.
An awful lot of waffle to say 'I don't like ads' - and they wouldn't even be for you

Ah, I didn't know how this stuff works. I take it then that the Members site would be as is and outsiders get the ads version.

Back