• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

IMPORTANT: Site future

Does Xenforo have a donation pluggin that links to PayPal or whatever?

Like Wilf I would be technical incompetant, but happy to help fund (as said previously if it's needed will be 2 people for the first year to get it restarted succesfully)

I have the technological understanding of a caveman, but I would happily help out or contribute through my games business, Strong Point Games in a massive new sponsorship deal (ie a few quid 😜) to ensure the forum continues.

I've only recently joined but have been a long time lurker. All though I'm not technically minded, I struggle with my 4 televisions after a drink, I would be happy to contribute in any other way

Reactions: b3h
Update:

Kenny has started a thread for firm commitments. Based on the numbers we're looking at, its 3 quid per person per month. Obviously if theres a surge of people willing to chip in that might drop.

I would prefer people pay a years contributions up front to simplify things. To be totally up front the hosting is cheaper if I pay for a year in advance rather than month to month, so the more I get now the less im fronting over the next 12 months.

We might end up with a surplus - at 3 quid per person per month that will be likely. If so, we can have a discussion as to what we do with it. Charity donation, put to one side against next years bill, paying Jeff's redundancy bill, or a weekend of coke and hookers for me. Its all good.

Once we get to Monday we'll have a more firm grasp of numbers. Migration is likely to happen early the following week ie 7/8th Nov. Will be some downtime, probably only a few hours.

Oh, one more thing. We want to recognise those who contribute. But dont want a two tier forum. ive been on other forums where the notion of a 'contributing member' assigns some level of higher status. But it can be a bit corrosive. So maybe we'd look at doing something where you get some label by way of thankyou, but I wouldnt like to go further than that.

As far as Im concerned you're all members, in a very real sense.

I can't speak for everyone (though generally agreeing with me tends to mean you're correct) but I don't think there's any need to distinguish between that those that were able and chose to chip in, and those that weren't/didn't.

Maybe a little out of the box thinking, but could there not just be an anonymous gofundme or something to get two years worth of subs, with the surplus going to the wolves foundation? Then start again in 18 months time or so?

I can't speak for everyone (though generally agreeing with me tends to mean you're correct) but I don't think there's any need to distinguish between that those that were able and chose to chip in, and those that weren't/didn't.

Maybe a little out of the box thinking, but could there not just be an anonymous gofundme or something to get two years worth of subs, with the surplus going to the wolves foundation? Then start again in 18 months time or so?
Fuck that. Every contributing member should be able to ban another none contributing member. I want Kenny Jackett style POWER

Fuck that. Every contributing member should be able to ban another none contributing member. I want Kenny Jackett style POWER
I put the laughing emoji in the hopes you’ll think I’m ok and not ban me in a Stalinist type purge

Fuck it, have the forum spammed with adverts for those that don’t contribute.

Fuck it, have the forum spammed with adverts for those that don’t contribute.
In a Hesgoal stylee, right in the middle of where you want to look there's a picture of Amanda the sexy bored housewife who only lives 5 minutes from you!

This

Oh, one more thing. We want to recognise those who contribute. But dont want a two tier forum. ive been on other forums where the notion of a 'contributing member' assigns some level of higher status. But it can be a bit corrosive. So maybe we'd look at doing something where you get some label by way of thankyou, but I wouldnt like to go further than that.

As far as Im concerned you're all members, in a very real sense.
Can I do 5 really severe insults without getting banned?

Back