• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

IMPORTANT: Site future

So...what Im hearing is that in order to remove the needs for as much hands-on technical stuff, people would be willing to chip in to pay for a fully managed XenForo cloud hosting solution that would be somewhere in the region of 700 quid a year?

If thats the case I can certainly speak with Xenforo and get more accurate costings. There will probably also be a oneoff migration fee to copy the site over.
Worth getting a quote so we can make an accurate decision on what the costs look like imo.

I have been fortunate in my working life & even though retired now I am finacially in a good place even with the current economic conditions - already support various causes (mostly locally) & volunteer at 3 local charties or associations for no recompense apart from reimbursment of expenses as it all gives back to me in other ways.

If we are looking at potentially £25 ph then I would have no problem in the first year of having a split personality and being 2 people.

Only just noticed this thread, I'd be willing to help out financially also but don't have the technical knowledge.

I’m happy to chip in with money, won’t be a lot at the minute as I’m doley scum, so having to watch the pennies

Obviously I'll expect complete immunity from being banned for telling someone to fuck off....

Happy to chip in (in case a list is being compiled).

XF want $648 per year, plus $120 to migrate the site over.

Im thinking I might set up a new bank account into which people can pay money (using their TWF username as payment reference), and then I can pay for the hosting from there?

V impoirtant that theres full transparency, so I'd like to regularly post statements, but would need to respect peoples privacy - ie people might want to donate, but not have their donation disclosed?

Maybe folk who want to donate but not have it disclosed could let me know in private and I'll redact their name (but not the amount) from the list?

Can we have Tapatalk back if we migrate ;)

How do you want to do it, get a definitive list of people willing and able to contribute and divide $768 by that or just accept donations till the target is reached?

I think theres about 35ish people who've said they could contribute, so rounding to the nearest 2 quid a month = 840 quid

Deffo no-one who can be Vis II then?

One of the others forums I’m on has a counter on the page top, it’d be just under the banner on here with a money needed/money raised on, he does that because the site is a one man run site and it’s his living expenses he raises for.
He has a running total amount,
Daily donation,
Monthly donation.
Crazyguyonabike.com if you want to have a look.

Dunno if that’s an idea, good or bad

I was going to suggest one of those massive thermometer they used to have on the front of churches

Yea, bang in the middle of the page, so we can’t read anything until we’ve got the money

@visage also worth signing up to be a Brave creator. You'll essentially get free money for everyone who uses BAT tokens browsing the site.

It doesn't cost you anything and nothing is at risk, so it's a bit of a no-brainer. Completely passive income stream for the site.

More info here: https://publishers.basicattentiontoken.org/

Back