• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ticket Prices 2021-22

Away games are virtually a closed shop.

I purchased the Membership based on the way it had worked in previous seasons, there was nothing to suggest there was any change to the method of ticket allocation. As TT stated, that was the precedent which based the purchase

The online ticketing is not the easiest when trying to get tickets at the new points total, so for them all to go on at once it will be awful. The cup semi-final for instance was a nightmare. Unlike some who can only seem to make the big games, I usually choose games based on days that are suitable to me, and also pricing point.

I like the cup games as I can take the whole family for very reasonable amount, mid week games in general are easier for me to attend. To be honest its how its been done that is the upsetting thing - and the parley to fans by charging them more for an advantage they thought they already held is not reflective of a club that recognises 'fans' but just sees an income stream.

All it will encourage is the purchase of memberships by people who only want to travel to the big games as they will be on par with those fans who go to more games.

I don't buy this "closed shop" thing. It's not been particularly difficult to get tickets match-by-match as a member for quite some time now. And the system worked, of course loyalty should be rewarded. If you've been to Crawley and Morecambe (we would lose to them obvz) in the League Cup then Palace, Burnley, Norwich and Watford in the league, it follows that you should have more of a chance of getting a ticket vs Man City than someone who has been to none of those games. Not a difficult concept.

I don't buy this "closed shop" thing. It's not been particularly difficult to get tickets match-by-match as a member for quite some time now. And the system worked, of course loyalty should be rewarded. If you've been to Crawley and Morecambe (we would lose to them obvz) in the League Cup then Palace, Burnley, Norwich and Watford in the league, it follows that you should have more of a chance of getting a ticket vs Man City than someone who has been to none of those games. Not a difficult concept.
It's clear a number of fans have had a bitch about it but the new direction will just make more fans bitch about it. Maybe Vinny is introducing a new Customer Service Help Desk and needs to justify the staffing levels so has created problems people will complain about.

The hardcore away fans are a different breed. If Vinny & Co go for them, then best of luck to them
Anyone who has been on the away travel club Coach No.1 will be able to testify to that.

Maybe lucky number 2,000 (or so) will come up on the ST waiting list then I won’t have to worry about it.

So the membership I've just paid for is useless, is that right?
Yes and no I guess.

You will still need it to get a ticket for a home game but any advantage you had over other members has gone and you are in a straight fight with every other member for the 3000 or so available tickets

So the membership I've just paid for is useless, is that right?
It’s actually essential. No chance of a ticket without one I guess. Just you are going to be in a right bun fight on the first day. Of course, high match ticket prices might reduce that scrum.

And let’s face it, our Vinny is such a PR guru I am fully expecting £45+ for category A.

How many members do we have, and how many member+ have been invited, I wonder? Seems a staggeringly shortsighted way to make a few quid tbh

See, this is why I'm still undecided about renewing my season ticket. Can I afford the extra £35 or whatever it is, yes, same as I'm sure all those invited to this scheme can afford another £20. But it's the principle of it - the mindset of just grabbing money off fans because you can, the lies about other clubs and their structure, the paltry amounts any of this actually raises in the grand scheme of things, the complete abandonment of the concept of loyalty, and all after the last 18 months that we've all had.

I'm not sure I want to endorse a club that does that. Because if you do endorse their behaviour, they'll just do it again down the line.

On that they get a free pass from me (and a high % of others and they know it) as I just want to go to games again. Similar bollocks in 12 months and I look at things differently

See, this is why I'm still undecided about renewing my season ticket. Can I afford the extra £35 or whatever it is, yes, same as I'm sure all those invited to this scheme can afford another £20. But it's the principle of it - the mindset of just grabbing money off fans because you can, the lies about other clubs and their structure, the paltry amounts any of this actually raises in the grand scheme of things, the complete abandonment of the concept of loyalty, and all after the last 18 months that we've all had.

I'm not sure I want to endorse a club that does that. Because if you do endorse their behaviour, they'll just do it again down the line.
Yep, 100% with you.

38 quid for the membership, 20 quid extra for the priority bollocks, that's 58 quid and i have nothing to show for it, a season ticket
at least guarantees you have tickets for the games.

And then as said how much will the matchday prices be? No doubt i'll have paid well over 100 quid if i only go to one game next season.

Can i afford that, yes, is that the point, no, it's a rip off and they're dressing it up as making "things fair" to facilitate it. Bullshit.

Outside of the socks, a snazzy card holder that makes STH's angry, badge and the chance to beat 3000 fellow fans in spending £40-£50 to watch us play Watford, what else do you get for the membership (outside of the bollocks partnerships we have signed up for, such as a free coke in Nandos or whatever they are)

Back