• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ticket Prices 2021-22

Yeah loyalty points aren't being scrapped - Wolves Help Twitter account confirmed they will be applied back to supporter numbers shortly - they just mean jack shit when it comes to home games - Away games aren't going to be affected,
I'm normally pretty positive about the club and will defend them probably more than I should but on the away LP's, I would be amazed if that still exists in 12 months time "after talking with fans about a fairer system" and not one fan you know being involved in said talks

I'm actually now in a better place in terms of getting a ticket as I have 100 points the same as anyone else.

Last season I had to use a fellow forum members supporter number on their membership a couple of times, just so I could have a chance of getting tickets. Without that I had no chance.

So while it's crap for those that went fairly regularly, it's better for those like myself who only had less than 150 points. It's a shit end of the stick for those more regular fans but I can see why they've done it. And we're all in the same boat now.

They really shouldn't be selling memberships now though, and definitely should have announced this before the new memberships went on sale. If they want to make it completely fair, it should be free to try for tickets for anyone with a supporter number.

Reactions: jlo
I'm normally pretty positive about the club and will defend them probably more than I should but on the away LP's, I would be amazed if that still exists in 12 months time "after talking with fans about a fairer system" and not one fan you know being involved in said talks

The way it works now is mad tbf, If you aren't currently going to away games you can't go at all - by the same token you have people who do go and can get tickets and even if they can't go to those particular games still buy those tickets and then sell them on. If they don't do it and don't get the points then they'll end up locked out eventually too. Hard to think of a fair system for away games though.

I'm actually now in a better place in terms of getting a ticket as I have 100 points the same as anyone else.

Last season I had to use a fellow forum members supporter number on their membership a couple of times, just so I could have a chance of getting tickets. Without that I had no chance.

So while it's crap for those that went fairly regularly, it's better for those like myself who only had less than 150 points. It's a shit end of the stick for those more regular fans but I can see why they've done it. And we're all in the same boat now.

They really shouldn't be selling memberships now though, and definitely should have announced this before the new memberships went on sale. If they want to make it completely fair, it should be free to try for tickets for anyone with a supporter number.
yeah I'm in the same boat so probably better off with the new system......shitty thing to pull on the regular match goers though

And you do that and you have three thousand supporter numbers from United or Liverpool fans and they can get in the home ends. You will see a load buy memberships to get in.
That's a very good point. Might get that even with the £38 membership.

The way it works now is mad tbf, If you aren't currently going to away games you can't go at all - by the same token you have people who do go and can get tickets and even if they can't go to those particular games still buy those tickets and then sell them on. If they don't do it and don't get the points then they'll end up locked out eventually too. Hard to think of a fair system for away games though.
LP is probably the fairest for away games.

It's an odd move today that has pissed off way more than it will make happy and in the process tried to take a few extra £ for no reason. If they honestly think the new system is fairer (they have access to data we don't) then great but surely those they are emailing telling them how much of an uber fan they are should be getting told "we have placed you in a Wolves Plus group to ensure you have a better chance of getting a ticket as our acknowledgement of your support" rather than all that but with "to help prove how much of an uber loyal fan you are, give us another £20"

Let's not forget this is mission creep.

Since Fosun took over, season ticket and matchday prices have gone through the roof exponentially, they've binned the Early Bird, charged maximum prices for the Man Utd game (a total dead rubber against a reserve team with <5,000 fans in, great), regularly charge silly money for cup games, the foreshadowing of massive ticket hikes then actually *some* of them aren't too bad so you had all that ridiculous forelock tugging the other week, pretending they're doing us a favour by giving us back money we've already paid for matches we couldn't attend...

You kind of get away with this when there's a novelty factor - which under the normal run of things would be gone now, but as no sod has been able to anything for what feels like decades, they'll get another bounce of it in the short term - and/or we have a really good team, which I don't think we do at the moment (not with the way this manager wants to play anyway, and I don't wish to talk about him on this thread because people get upset if I question if he really has the credentials to do the job).

That goes away and it doesn't take long for the round of fucks to be aimed at the directors' box. Maybe they don't care.

regularly charge silly money for cup games,
To be fair on this, not always their fault. Both clubs have to agree on the price for cup tickets. Down to whether you feel the club should charge less then put its hand in the till to pay the missing ticket money to the away team (as you have to do)
I might be remembering it wrong but the 3 Europa League Group games were decent value if purchased together.

To be fair on this, not always their fault. Both clubs have to agree on the price for cup tickets. Down to whether you feel the club should charge less then put its hand in the till to pay the missing ticket money to the away team (as you have to do)
I might be remembering it wrong but the 3 Europa League Group games were decent value if purchased together.
That is fair. But I do recall both United and Liverpool being a daft price. Again maybe they don't care, we sold out.

1. Move all Premier League games to Sunday.
2. Make them all available to stream if not on live - I would pay for a decent quality away game. Clubs make money.
3. More fans go to non-league/lower league games on a Saturday - I would.

Would probably piss off the traditionalists and my pre match chip shop doesn’t open Sundays but….

Also add, they did at least have some justification behind slowly rising ST and match tickets.
We went from 15th in the Championship to Europe and had a spell where we broke our transfer record every window so we were seeing an improved "product" (go TEAMBRANDING). Obviously the performance from last season, change in managerial direction, Covid etc makes increases this time harder to justify.

Fans that go away will still attend as the points remain of those games.
Also get to another SF at Wembley (stretching the point I know) and those 20 points from Crawley and CV suddenly become important.
1600 ASTH guaranteed a seat. I’m in the other 2k+ in the bun fight who go to maintain the points. Probably anyone below 3500 in the LP list hasn’t been able to go to anything beyond cuo games tbh so is lunped in with the rest.

That is fair. But I do recall both United and Liverpool being a daft price. Again maybe they don't care, we sold out.
Man Utd was a QF so never going to be anything other than full price really.
Liverpool requested full price, obviously need the ticket income for reasons. We didn't sell out that game I think, 27000 or so? (not checked this)

The pricing for the last game of the season was ridiculous though and does show the intentions of those in the team below Jeff going forward.

Man Utd was a QF so never going to be anything other than full price really.
Liverpool requested full price, obviously need the ticket income for reasons. We didn't sell out that game I think, 27000 or so? (not checked this)

The pricing for the last game of the season was ridiculous though and does show the intentions of those in the team below Jeff going forward.
I mean United 3rd round. When Doc managed to head the ball onto his own arm and we drew 0-0.

I mean United 3rd round. When Doc managed to head the ball onto his own arm and we drew 0-0.
Ah gotcha (had wiped that game from memory as a lot of fans have...shame really as Ruddy had a good game)

What did Utd charge for the replay? Bastards if they couldn't agree on a price for the home and we did for the game at OT

I seem to remember it being 50 notes or something mental. Obviously they don't care as their STHs have to pay it and go. Then we've thought "hey, that's a bit of a wheeze".

Wanna be the best (or 2nd best) then follow their lead

When Fosun took over and stated their ambitions I thought I'm not going to be able to afford to go much longer, part of being successful I suppose. Seems to be although Fosun have realised these ambitions are impossible they are still going to go ahead with charging high prices even if the product doesn't match, and as stated more than once in the comments already plenty will swallow it for now but if we're constantly around midtable that'll change pretty sharpish.

Outside of the socks, a snazzy card holder that makes STH's angry, badge and the chance to beat 3000 fellow fans in spending £40-£50 to watch us play Watford, what else do you get for the membership (outside of the bollocks partnerships we have signed up for, such as a free coke in Nandos or whatever they are)
a place on the season ticket waiting list

Back