• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ticket Prices 2021-22

I'm going to be brutally honest here, I care more about Ken from Tettenhall who's been going for 40 years than Lars from Aarhus who wants to go to one game and will probably never come back.
As do I club, I'm just rationalising why the club are doing what they're doing.

We'd probably get more from Lars single visit than Ken going to one game. As long as Lars is replaced by Gunter, Knut, Jose, Fairweather Fred from Wombourne et al then it works and the club get more money.

Russell Jones comes across a wee bit better than Clark but does he seriously believe that millions of Mexicans now support Wolves as their main team?! And even if it were true, what does that translate into financially, I don't get any money when people follow me on Twitter and I doubt Wolves do either. And what about when Raul leaves, he's 30, he isn't going to be here forever.
Shirt sales & merch ay it. I believe under Castore we'll actually get the majority of the shirt sale rather than the manufacturer.

Shirt sales & merch ay it. I believe under Castore we'll actually get the majority of the shirt sale rather than the manufacturer.
I bet we sell the square root of fuck all to Mexico, in the grand scheme of things.

Remember also it was Dalrymple who built all that stuff up with the wrestler connection and the like

One thing that struck me was how much more vocal Jeff was when talking about players.

Jeff also seems like a decisive fucker, if he doesn't like what Vinny C is doing he'll be gone

As an anecdotal example, I'm on that waiting list and I am 95% certain I wouldn't be buying one.

Would take a special set of circumstances for me to.

Who would be happy with a ticket price escalator / de-escalator

The better we do the more we charge, the worse we do the less we charge?

Thing is even with a price increase as a season ticket holder for 25 years I can't ever see me not getting one. I wonder how many others are the same?

Pretty much 95% of the fans around me are new season ticket holders within the past 5 years.

There was a point in League One where if I ever needed to buy extra tickets for mates I could pretty much buy the whole row I'm on up to the aisle.

I'd say you are what they are banking on. I'd guess based on the last 20 years we have about 12k who would go come what may, without taking the financial ability to do so into account

Have to say fair play to the club for doing this sort of thing, they have to do this but it also means they are there to be shot at if they get something wrong or come across like twats.

They can say all they want about ticket money being vital but we all know it's really not and this is Wolverhampton, prices should reflect the city not the club wanting to get an extra couple of pennies. Vinny did come across as a bit of a twat to be honest but we'll see what what they do but they should be looking after the fans that go every week first and then the local fans after that. If there is still space then they can target the overseas fans.

With that being said they're never going to please everyone as some fans are still moaning that they can't get a ticket to away games because it's a closed shop. It is but only because some of us were going away before we got to the Premier League and you can't really take that away from us because some of you can't get a ticket to Spurs away.

After watching the whole video i do think it makes this season even bigger, increased prices, Nuno gone, uncertainty about transfers etc so they have to get it right and performances on the pitch need to be good or i can see Molineux becoming a horrible place to be pretty quickly.

As do I club, I'm just rationalising why the club are doing what they're doing.

We'd probably get more from Lars single visit than Ken going to one game. As long as Lars is replaced by Gunter, Knut, Jose, Fairweather Fred from Wombourne et al then it works and the club get more money.
Well, to be fair, the two times I've gone (wish I could have gone to Olympiakos home game last year :( ) I did spend a fair bit in the shop. Thinking about 100€ all together. João also spent a fair bit, so it kind of makes sense.

Wouldn't want them to gut those who have followed the club, in presence, for years though. That is a sure-fire way to kill the fandom if/when the novelty dies out or football results turn crap.

Its hardly a surprise that any grown man who calls himself "Vinny" is going to be an ubercunt. He compares us to the big six in revenue and ticket prices when we're never ever going to be near that, no matter how good we become on the pitch. His justification of the Man Utd game was basically we've got people desperate to see Wolves play in the flesh so therefore no matter how much we charge we'll get enough people in to pay it. Good from a business and commercial standpoint, from a moral one somewhat abhorrent.

Plus at one point he refers to it as the Premiership so he's obviously on Martin Keown levels of intelligence.

With that being said they're never going to please everyone as some fans are still moaning that they can't get a ticket to away games because it's a closed shop. It is but only because some of us were going away before we got to the Premier League and you can't really take that away from us because some of you can't get a ticket to Spurs away.
I don't have a problem with this in principle as you say it rewards those who deserve it. My only issue is whether it's the same supporters or the same supporter number who goes to every game? Not that I a solution to that

What about loyalty points for going to u23 games?

Ticket would need to be authenticated or something but would give newer fans a chance to build up loyalty points.

I don't have a problem with this in principle as you say it rewards those who deserve it. My only issue is whether it's the same supporters or the same supporter number who goes to every game? Not that I a solution to that
Yeah i'd agree with that to be honest. Quite a few away tickets get sold on because they know they will sell and loyalty points still build up but there's not a way round it without hurting fans who "deserve" to go or tickets being attributed to fans and clubs checking ID. This would a nightmare though so not really doable.

Right, so the two examples they use are Leicester and Newcastle. We can't compete with them apparently.

Point 1, Leicester's prices behind the goal are £100 cheaper than ours at current levels, before we start ramping them up, and they've confirmed no rise for 21/22.

Point 2, Newcastle have 20,000 more seats than us, and who the fuck wants to copy Mike Ashley anyway?

Thing is even with a price increase as a season ticket holder for 25 years I can't ever see me not getting one. I wonder how many others are the same?

Pretty much 95% of the fans around me are new season ticket holders within the past 5 years.

There was a point in League One where if I ever needed to buy extra tickets for mates I could pretty much buy the whole row I'm on up to the aisle.
I'm pretty close to walking away, tbh.

As recently as March 2014 we got 17k in for a midweek game vs Colchester.

Obviously is doesn't effect me anymore, but that transcript has proper pissed me off. It's pretty outrageous really. To outright say that the reason the United tickets were so expensive was because they knew they'd sell out is an absolute piss take.

And you just know you're going to see a 15-20% hike in ST prices. What's the fucking point of increasing your total revenue by 2-3% if it means really pissing off 30,000 "customers". It's just fucking stupid and short sighted

Back