• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ticket Prices 2021-22

Just be careful replying to Wolves tweet about this. Just gotten myself a stay at HMP Twitter for calling Vinny a money grabber.

Hey, he's a working class lad don't you know.

I'm assuming they had sight of the questions in advance so they could give detailed answers, so for him to give out such crass responses (more than one of his statements were awful) is incredible.

Mind you, it's evidently club policy, so they're all to blame. He's not gone rogue here. Rouge, maybe.

Google suggests Vinny has a BA in Sport, Coach and Exercise Science from Manchester Poly. Clearly just a theory based degree. He's also not qualified for a commercial manager role - he's a Buyer

Last edited:
Doing a fine job of throwing away years' worth of goodwill here.

The season ticket waiting list is a red herring, just because people are sat on there doesn't mean they'll buy one, especially if the prices rocket from an already high starting point.

And I hate this "compare with other clubs" nonsense, Moxey used to peddle it all the time and it was rubbish then too. It matters not one jot what Villa, Newcastle, Leeds etc charge because I'm not going to go and watch them.
A lot of Moxey talk generally in that Q and A.

Well this is a lie for a start. If your mind is closed you don't turn up for the chat

"I went into that meeting closed minded because I was really happy in my job. But within 10 minutes of speaking to Jeff, came away with a bit of a dilemma, because I was really excited by what we’d discussed."

So when there was the all the furore about the breakaway super league a while ago and everyone was saying that football belonged to the people, are we now saying, not all the people, only some of the people, those who merit it ? I assume people that start a conversation with telling you how long they've been going ?

So when there was the all the furore about the breakaway super league a while ago and everyone was saying that football belonged to the people, are we now saying, not all the people, only some of the people, those who merit it ? I assume people that start a conversation with telling you how long they've been going ?

Ah, the forum obfuscation expert.

You aren't thick, of course you can see the difference between people who only go because its in vogue and then those real supporters who go be it every week or when money, kids, life allows of which there are both on this forum but that isn't what you're posting for is it?

You turn up on a thread, chuck a grenade trying to be clever and disappear again if somebody replies, I dont doubt you'll do the same now. You're boring. As per, instead of replying to the content and why the Liverpool supporters is wrong you try and throw shade on me. Zzzzz.

Just so i have this clear it was £493 for the BW stand lower, and £514 for behind the goals? And £150 and £60 for under 17 and under 12 respectively? These are for 19 games? Or is it more?

Just so i have this clear it was £493 for the BW stand lower, and £514 for behind the goals? And £150 and £60 for under 17 and under 12 respectively? These are for 19 games? Or is it more?
Yeah, I paid £492 in BW lower and £69 each for my 2 U12s season tickets. Decent prices (though £23 each for U12 prior to the hike was better).

Realistically if they do away with U12 pricing at short notice I’ll be out I think.

The prices for kids (u12's) all around the ground was good as was any parent who took them in the FE

Yeah, I paid £492 in BW lower and £69 each for my 2 U12s season tickets. Decent prices (though £23 each for U12 prior to the hike was better).

Realistically if they do away with U12 pricing at short notice I’ll be out I think.
So that is £26 per game for 19 games. And £3.63 per game for the U12. How much is it to go for just one match only?

So that is £26 per game for 19 games. And £3.63 per game for the U12. How much is it to go for just one match only?
Paid £70 for the 3 of us last week.

Paid £70 for the 3 of us last week.
OK, so that is a big difference. Looks like season tickets are the way to go IF you can make all the matches. If not then you pay 70 per match if like you if you take your 2 kids with you.
Reason i asked is i watched the Wolves video and they were going on about raising season ticket prices but didn't say by how much. For me £26 quid a game is very reasonable, but i understand it might not be for others.

At the moment it's a hefty outlay but I can just about justify it.

Any significant raise (and it looks like they're going down that road - we're looking at a serious uplift, not £30 or whatever) and I'd have to have a serious think, with the last year (and more) I haven't had much income and I have other things to pay for, my life has moved on a fair old bit since we were last there.

But really I don't get how after a global pandemic where there have already been severe economic impacts and there are more to come, AND we've had a shit season, they can even contemplate this kind of thinking. So it would come down to a matter of principle. Could I afford a £700 season ticket? Probably, if I wanted to and trimmed other things, and kept my fingers crossed that work improves. Would I want to? Probably not.

I wouldn't be surprised if they split the pricing up for the SB/NB.

Attempt to charge more for the "atmosphere" or make out that the NB has better concourses/facilities.

Certain clubs have dearer/cheaper blocks so it stands to reason they've paid attention to that during their "research"

Maybe bin u12's and merge it into an u16's with a price freeze, looks good on paper whilst stiffing the Tredmans of the world.

After listening to Vinny and his warped rationale I dont think anything is off the table.

Any significant raise (and it looks like they're going down that road - we're looking at a serious uplift, not £30 or whatever) and I'd have to have a serious think, with the last year (and more) I haven't had much income and I have other things to pay for, my life has moved on a fair old bit since we were last there.

But really I don't get how after a global pandemic where there have already been severe economic impacts and there are more to come, AND we've had a shit season, they can even contemplate this kind of thinking. So it would come down to a matter of principle. Could I afford a £700 season ticket? Probably, if I wanted to and trimmed other things, and kept my fingers crossed that work improves. Would I want to? Probably not.
Without wishing to sound a prick, I could afford £700, I wouldn't pay it though out of principle/value for money. The thing is, that would mean that for at least a season I'm lost as I'm not likely to get a ticket for a weekend game without membership, so that'd be me and my son gone. I'll be back when we are shit again, will he though? Mentally I've set £570 - £30 a game as my limit

I think from 500 to 700 is a big increase. goes from 26 per match to 36 per match. Can you pay in installments or is it all the money up front?
I go to the speedway every now and again. £19 per person, and i'll have a meal there because it's better to watch from the restaraunt. That was about £15 each (depending on what you have). Lasts about 2 hrs, but not continuous. I don't think that is too bad for what it is.
Again, from watching the video it's about how much the club earns versus what it spends which is governing their thinking on ticket pricing.
But i get it, and it's Wolverhampton and surrounding area where most of the core fan base is. IE: the people who pay to watch in the ground, not via the sofa.

Back