• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ticket Prices 2021-22

It may have already been suggested so apologies, but I think the plan is that they don't mind if they lose ST holders and reduce the number of ST holders as they can sell more tickets on a match by match basis at a higher price and still sell out.

This may work when we play United, Liverpool, City etc, but can't see a huge clamour to watch Wolves v Palace.

The home game against Leicester in 19/20 Mrs Trips got 2 tickets for her and my son the day before the game, it isn't like its impossible to get match tickets

All they will end up doing is pissing people off and ending up with empty seats

Will have to see what they do - costs me a lot to come up (without the S/T cost) whether I do a 4 hr each way train journey or drive & stay over. Took a S/T when we went into the PL as reckoned that it would be much harder to get a seat & binned off most away games (which were not difficult to obtain in the Lg1 & Championship years) to compensate.

Still as a retired person I can't take it with me so may as well spend it on myself - depends how greedy they want to be really.

It may have already been suggested so apologies, but I think the plan is that they don't mind if they lose ST holders and reduce the number of ST holders as they can sell more tickets on a match by match basis at a higher price and still sell out.

This may work when we play United, Liverpool, City etc, but can't see a huge clamour to watch Wolves v Palace.

The home game against Leicester in 19/20 Mrs Trips got 2 tickets for her and my son the day before the game, it isn't like its impossible to get match tickets

Yeah i think you're right, it's risky too, because if we do ever get relegated those loyal ST holders who perhaps were priced out of it aren't likely to come back.

I guess Fosun aren't even contemplating relegation though, ever, so it's moot to them.

Yeah i think you're right, it's risky too, because if we do ever get relegated those loyal ST holders who perhaps were priced out of it aren't likely to come back.

I guess Fosun aren't even contemplating relegation though, ever, so it's moot to them.
Problem is apart from the money 6 every single other team in the league can get relegated

That what's struck me whenJeff said that 4 seasons in row isn't an achievement or words to that effect. Fine line between ambition/confidence and complacency. I guess the exception is Everton - not in the Sky 6, never really in a relegation fight.

Obviously is doesn't effect me anymore, but that transcript has proper pissed me off. It's pretty outrageous really. To outright say that the reason the United tickets were so expensive was because they knew they'd sell out is an absolute piss take.

And you just know you're going to see a 15-20% hike in ST prices. What's the fucking point of increasing your total revenue by 2-3% if it means really pissing off 30,000 "customers". It's just fucking stupid and short sighted
It does make you wonder whether the likes of Vinny 'Monkey with a Machine Gun' Clark are employed to take the heat off the others or actually believe what they are saying.
The United decision clearly means they think the waiting list or casual fan will take up any slack. It won't. I have three tickets in a group of seven of us that go, my own one for 35 years [season tickets weren't as necessary/common before that] and I regularly struggle to get takers if very occasionally someone can't go. And that's with us 'sold out' and tickets like gold dust.

That what's struck me whenJeff said that 4 seasons in row isn't an achievement or words to that effect. Fine line between ambition/confidence and complacency. I guess the exception is Everton - not in the Sky 6, never really in a relegation fight.
Very nearly went down in 1994 (Hans Segers with a very bit of iffy stuff saving them) and they finished 17th in 2004

Yep, and contrary to their open "we aren't like them" letter existing season ticket holders are "legacy fans"

It does make you wonder whether the likes of Vinny 'Monkey with a Machine Gun' Clark are employed to take the heat off the others or actually believe what they are saying.
The United decision clearly means they think the waiting list or casual fan will take up any slack. It won't. I have three tickets in a group of seven of us that go, my own one for 35 years [season tickets weren't as necessary/common before that] and I regularly struggle to get takers if very occasionally someone can't go. And that's with us 'sold out' and tickets like gold dust.
Yep. Even in 2019/20 I was struggling to give tickets away.

Once the novelty goes, you don't have the clamour. It was a bandwagon because people didn't want to miss out. A season ticket waiting list is not the same as me sitting in a phone queue if I need to speak to my doctor. I need one, I don't need the other and I didn't phone up three years ago, even though it might feel like it.

Its the notion that football fans shop around for me. We pick a team because of or an emotional attachment grows. We don't look at it and go well Leicester/Villa charge less ill go there. What they charge is utterly immaterial to any supporter.

So own it and tell us you know its a captive audience and you plan on testing supporters flexibility and tolerance as far as you possibly can. Of course, that doesn't sound quite as savoury mind.

Aye, the way pretty much every executive in football talks about it in 'product/customer' terms is frankly insulting, as well as idiotically misunderstanding the game and the people that make it. I had it a few times with Jez in the fans parliament, and got the usual corporate bingo bullshit response. The problem is, they don't even treat us like customers. You get far better treatment and loyalty encouragement from the fucking Co-Op

Two observations from me.
1. This is Wolverhampton not Kensington. Money is tight around here for most people.
2. Why do marketing people keep referring to 'the product?'. I'm not buying a telly it's a football match!
The problem is, they treat you like you are buying a product. Like or not, fans are customers with incredible brand loyalty

They're not though really, we have incredibly fair weather elements of our support.

The hardcore yes, but there aren't that many of them.

My two pence, not that Jeff will read this (unless he's actually Pogo Danderfluff?!)

Previous price rises have had the promise of a better offering, this one is tainted by a dirge of a season, no manager and rumours of another star player leaving.

The product on offer is of a poorer quality now, partially due to VAR and the impact on fans in the ground and partially due to a mediocre season. Add in that football is a habit, and that habit has been broken by covid and it adds up to a PR disaster and fans being far less forgiving when things don't work out for us

What sticks in the craw is the lies/spin from Vince Moxey regarding pricing at other clubs, Leicester have tickets 100 quid cheaper than we do currently and have announced a freeze on prices.

"We benchmarked that and there’s actually eight clubs that are charging more than that for their top-price tickets." so Vince, what you're saying is that we sell tickets that are towards the higher end of the league and that your justification for this being OK is that" we’ve called our elderly and vulnerable fans over the last 12 months, given them care calls to make sure they’re OK."

Its just a really poorly timed piece of PR, and the justification of any price increase is pretty flaky.

P. S. I'm ready to eat my words when the price increase is only a tenner....

They're not though really, we have incredibly fair weather elements of our support.

The hardcore yes, but there aren't that many of them.
They aren't going to switch to Walsall though.

I'd probably go as far to say whilst we're in the PL under the current regime (barring a Saunders style appointment) we'll sell out every game.

Whilst demand outstrips supply there will always be the spectre of price rises for tickets. The only thing that stops it is if enough fans don't buy tickets and I just don't see that happening.

I don't agree with it at all though.

I'd probably go as far to say whilst we're in the PL under the current regime (barring a Saunders style appointment) we'll sell out every game.

Whilst demand outstrips supply there will always be the spectre of price rises for tickets. The only thing that stops it is if enough fans don't buy tickets and I just don't see that happening.

Not sure I agree with this Andy, mid table in the Premier league rapidly becomes as dull as midtable in the championship unless we also win trophies.

If we look at Aston Villa over the past 10 years, their highest average attendance was 36,081 in 13/14, since then a steady decline (stats for 19/20 are only 28,505 with 4 missing games).

In football you can't charge a premium price until you're a premium club on a regular basis and it's also rubbish to say its ticket sales that are the difference between us and Man U (aside from stadium size there's also the whole huge sponsorship a club like man u can attract - not aimed at any point you made Andy, just an afterthought I had whilst mashing my phones keyboard!).

I don't think that's the case. Shove another couple of seasons of mid table mediocrity in and try selling a mid week game against Watford in February or an April Saturday game against Norwich at £40+ a pop

Back