• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ticket Prices 2021-22

At least the reasoning behind it is sound. They don't want to maximise profits. They are looking to be able to invest in the squad more, which means their revenue has to go up to be able to be within the spending rules. Clubs like Wolves are really hampered by these rules. It's why Villa can spend £260 million and be within the rules because they have more income. If you took that away then Fosun could just pump a ton of money in and fuck 'em.
I can see where they are coming from on the video, but it's hard for fans who are struggling to get their heads around it, particularly after 18 months of absolute shit.

But Leicester have a virtually identical capacity to Molineux and charge less...

I can't remember the price of an ST behind the goal last time we were allowed! Was it £550 for NB upper?

That's touching £30 a game almost. The thing I'll be annoyed about most with a big hike would be not seeing any return for lost games at the end of 19/20. Say they hike it £100, then I'll pay the same as I did last time. Would feel like I'd been robbed

But Leicester have a virtually identical capacity to Molineux and charge less...
Are they allowed to spend more though? Having been in the PL longer.
I'm not saying Wolves are right in putting their prices up, but i understand the reasons, which is to be able to spend more within the rules. And it seems they want to strengthen the first 11 as a priority.

I can't remember the price of an ST behind the goal last time we were allowed! Was it £550 for NB upper?

That's touching £30 a game almost. The thing I'll be annoyed about most with a big hike would be not seeing any return for lost games at the end of 19/20. Say they hike it £100, then I'll pay the same as I did last time. Would feel like I'd been robbed
£514

At least the reasoning behind it is sound. They don't want to maximise profits. They are looking to be able to invest in the squad more, which means their revenue has to go up to be able to be within the spending rules. Clubs like Wolves are really hampered by these rules. It's why Villa can spend £260 million and be within the rules because they have more income. If you took that away then Fosun could just pump a ton of money in and fuck 'em.
I can see where they are coming from on the video, but it's hard for fans who are struggling to get their heads around it, particularly after 18 months of absolute shit.
Villa's capacity is 10k more than us, at £600 a pop that's £6m, not insignificant, but a bit of a red herring really - about 3 league places

They should be knocking it off the new season ticket imo. If you are owed 100 quid then season ticket this year is 100 quid cheaper. That would be fair.

Are they allowed to spend more though? Having been in the PL longer.
I'm not saying Wolves are right in putting their prices up, but i understand the reasons, which is to be able to spend more within the rules. And it seems they want to strengthen the first 11 as a priority.
What they're planning to do won't enable us to spend a great deal more, it's chickenfeed in the grand scheme of things.

As I say the message is "we reckon we'll sell out whatever, so make your own mind up, plenty more where you came from if you say no".

And I'm not even extrapolating there, they more or less say it outright.

Which is shit.

Working Class Vinny can fuck off, twat.

They should be knocking it off the new season ticket imo. If you are owed 100 quid then season ticket this year is 100 quid cheaper. That would be fair.
Oh they will do, but what Im saying is of they hike the price £100 and then take off what's owed I'll see no difference in what I paid across both years.

I know the discount is there, but wouldn't feel like it

What they're planning to do won't enable us to spend a great deal more, it's chickenfeed in the grand scheme of things.
Yep. Hike the price of an ST by £100, that's an extra £2.2m in the coffers. That isn't getting you anything in the transfer market

Oh they will do, but what Im saying is of they hike the price £100 and then take off what's owed I'll see no difference in what I paid across both years.

I know the discount is there, but wouldn't feel like it
Yea ok, got that.

As I say the message is "we reckon we'll sell out whatever, so make your own mind up, plenty more where you came from if you say no".

And I'm not even extrapolating there, they more or less say it outright.

Which is shit.

Working Class Vinny can fuck off, twat.
What's the answer to enable us to spend more and be within the rules? Just asking the question, not defending any stance of one side or the other.

We can spend more, it's a smokescreen.

A lot of our FFP problems were because of the Championship season. That falls off the radar in *checks notes" about four weeks.

Ah, the forum obfuscation expert.

You aren't thick, of course you can see the difference between people who only go because its in vogue and then those real supporters who go be it every week or when money, kids, life allows of which there are both on this forum but that isn't what you're posting for is it?

You turn up on a thread, chuck a grenade trying to be clever and disappear again if somebody replies, I dont doubt you'll do the same now. You're boring. As per, instead of replying to the content and why the Liverpool supporters is wrong you try and throw shade on me. Zzzzz.
Sorry mate, my Mom had a fall so had to go and help her, so hadn't really disappeared, anyway apart from the personal stuff, I did like "You aren't thick" and "trying to be clever" about the same person in the same post and "obfuscation" excellent example of sesquipedalian loquaciousness.
So I wasn't "throwing shade on you" I have the opinion that it's contradictory for the 'sport of the people' to discriminate against people they don't deem worthy, and yes I do understand the difference between real fans and 'tourists' but tourists will go once at most, so it's not a major issue is it ? Once you apply a snobbery to being a supporter don't you think it defeats the reason that sport exists ?

Sorry mate, my Mom had a fall so had to go and help her, so hadn't really disappeared, anyway apart from the personal stuff, I did like "You aren't thick" and "trying to be clever" about the same person in the same post and "obfuscation" excellent example of sesquipedalian loquaciousness.
So I wasn't "throwing shade on you" I have the opinion that it's contradictory for the 'sport of the people' to discriminate against people they don't deem worthy, and yes I do understand the difference between real fans and 'tourists' but tourists will go once at most, so it's not a major issue is it ? Once you apply a snobbery to being a supporter don't you think it defeats the reason that sport exists ?
Hope your mom is ok Paul.
Coming to your original post it seemed like you were saying that just because he has been a fan for "x" number of years he shouldn't have the right to complain about being priced out of supporting his club... "playing the super-fan card". He wasn't doing that at all, just stating the facts. Apart from "You'll never Walk Alone" Anfield has turned into a library!
If the Wolves people like super Vinny continue on the path that they look like they want to tread, all of the things Fosun love about the Molineux atmosphere will be lost. How many fans from China, Portugal and Mexico are they expecting to show up on a weekly basis?
Imagine their disappointment when there is no sound because fans with no REAL attachment to the club rock up and do nothing but spend. Great, they've made some extra cash but not a lot else.

"Oh look, there are tickets available in the South Bank, let's go dear as that's the one that they do all the singing in about 'fuck the albion', whatever one of those is."
In they go only there isn't any singing because the place is full of other "tourists" with no vested interest in the club

Just my nightmare scenario of things to come.... Woooooooooo 👻

We can spend more, it's a smokescreen.

A lot of our FFP problems were because of the Championship season. That falls off the radar in *checks notes" about four weeks.
And even that wasn't really a huge problem, look how much Villa spent over the last 2 seasons, they came up a year after us!

They're absolutely dreaming if they're thinking people are flying in from all over the world to watch Wolverhampton Wanderers. Cloud cuckoo land.

Hope your mom is ok Paul.
Coming to your original post it seemed like you were saying that just because he has been a fan for "x" number of years he shouldn't have the right to complain about being priced out of supporting his club... "playing the super-fan card". He wasn't doing that at all, just stating the facts. Apart from "You'll never Walk Alone" Anfield has turned into a library!
If the Wolves people like super Vinny continue on the path that they look like they want to tread, all of the things Fosun love about the Molineux atmosphere will be lost. How many fans from China, Portugal and Mexico are they expecting to show up on a weekly basis?
Imagine their disappointment when there is no sound because fans with no REAL attachment to the club rock up and do nothing but spend. Great, they've made some extra cash but not a lot else.

"Oh look, there are tickets available in the South Bank, let's go dear as that's the one that they do all the singing in about 'fuck the albion', whatever one of those is."
In they go only there isn't any singing because the place is full of other "tourists" with no vested interest in the club

Just my nightmare scenario of things to come.... Woooooooooo 👻
She's ok thanks, she's struggling to accept her frailties and failing eyesight.
I understand that and Liverpool certainly is an anomaly with 'only' 27k season ticket holders whereas Man City have 40k but surely the 'tourist ' is a price of stardom whether you consider it acceptable or not. I just have the opinion that the casual fan , as I have been the last few years is not the problem, it's a small percentage of numbers and revenue. The clubs are the issue and once you go down the route of following the models of Sky, the Tobacco companies and the petrol companies where you screw as much money out of your patrons as possible knowing they'll still turn up is scary

Back