• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Top 5 Bands of all time?

Just unbelievably ashamed of this forum that I am going to be the one to mention Iron Maiden.

Probably Powerslave (1985). Though personally I think Somewhere In Time (1987) has become my favorite of theirs. Or Killers (1981).
They are in my top 10 no doubt. Bruce Dickinson is ageless.

Who said I don’t like Dickinson??

You said his voice was shit. You even posted his singing wasn’t great on Live After Death and Beast Over Hammersmith.

I do think his voice wasn’t at it’s best during Live After Death, but I’ve never ever said he’s shit and I certainly wouldn’t talk poorly about Beast Over Hammersmith. That performance went hard as fuck.

Scanner-Hypertrace
Gamma Ray-Heading for Tomorrow

These are some solid ones also.
Hypertrace is massively underrated. Anything Kai Hansen does is ace. Two great calls. If I wasn’t in Oz and you in the States a few beers and music discussion would be in order

Read something over the weekend about Paul McCartney complaining over the length of some concerts, some of which seem to run for 4 hours or so.
I never realised but he said that quite often the Beatles would go out and play for about 30 minutes then that was it!
30 fucking minutes!! and of course got well paid for it!

Quite often they pretended to play, crowds so loud they couldn’t hear the band

Turned out that Ringo was, whilst being a bang average drummer, was a brilliant human being.
When Harry Nilsson got a phone call from his bank saying he was seriously overdrawn, ("What!!! What are you talking about?") he found out he was broke when his dirty accountant had syphoned off all of his millions and he was in the process of buying his family a nice big house in Los Angeles that he'd designed and built, Ringo stepped up and bought him (a smaller, but perfectly lovely) house near where he wanted to be living.
Now there's a good friend.
Average drummer, but a great guy.

No way is Ringo an average drummer, there’s videos on YouTube by drummers explaining how good a drummer he actually is, he’s the reason a lot of famous drummers became drummers.
Don’t use the when asked if Ringo was the best drummer in the world John Lennon replied ‘ he’s not even the best drummer in the Beatles’ quote, because that’s a Jasper Carrott joke from the 80s

Other bang average drummers talking about the bang average Ringo on his induction to the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Bang Averageness:

They actively headhunted him as well, just because they knew how good he was, and how much better they’d be with him in the Beatles.

Oh no no no, very underrated was Ringo. Half hour spots were typical in those days.

Sepultura
Arise
Orgasmatron
Inner Self

Slayer
Hell Awaits
Anti Christ
Raining Blood
South of Heaven
War Ensemble
Angel of Death

Fear Factory
Demanufacture
Self Bias Resistor
Zero Signal
Replica
New Breed

Anthrax
Anti Social
Got the Time
Be All End All
Madhouse
Efilnikufesin (NFL)
Among the Living
I’m the Man
Only
Room for One More

Machine Head
Davidian
Old
A Thousand Lies
None But my Own

Samael
Black Trip

Testament
Electric Crown
Souls of Black

Need a new list 👀

Nice one, no rush obvs! Had started the day with a bit of Sabbath and then randomly thought of this list. Mostly new stuff to me aside from a few Slayer songs. Added a few more out the top 5s on Spotify so it's still going

EXODUS
Toxic Waltz
Like Father Like Son
Cajun Hell
Parasite
Chemi-kill
TESTAMENT
Over the Wall
First Strike is Deadly
Apocalyptic City
Curse of the Legions of Death
Trial By Fire